SF E2L cree + F04

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much for all the great info on CandlePower!

After reading a number of posts about the new SureFires with the Cree LED I bought the E2L and the F04 beamshaper. What a great combo. It's easy to slip the F04 on and off the E2L for either throw or a wide, smooth beam. I haven't had the E2L long enough to check the runtime but if it is 14 hours or 9 hours (per one of the posts here) its a great flashlight!

I love my L4, but always have in the back of my mind that I'm running through the batteries. I like my L2 but on low it isn't as bright as I would like when I'm not very well dark adapted. The new E2L really fills the gap.

Thanks again,
Rich
SF Bay Area

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The F04 is very handy. I bought two for my HDS and my McLux. I'd like to get an E2L but alas I am saving for other lights.:shakehead

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Here's a pic of the SF E2L with the F04 attached.

flashlighte2lf04002rud5.jpg

Rich
Hosted by ImageShack

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Maybe this is old news to you guys, but I was comparing the SF E2L Cree plus the F04 beamshaper (diffuser) to my SF L4 this evening and was surprised that the L4 had more of a hotspot in the beam. Either flashlight with the F04 gives a smoother beam with no defined line of transition from the brighter center part of the beam to the less bright outer edges.

It's really great to have the "two lights in one" with the SF E2L and F04 diffuser.

Rich

SunStar

Enlightened
I have several Surefires and I must say that my sample of the E2L-CREE is perhaps the best overall beam quality than any of my lights. It's everything that SF advertises about their optimized beam. The F04 is a nice addition although I rarely use it with the E2L (I just like staring at the beam too much). However, the F04 is a "must have" for the E1L and L1 in my opinion. It adds great versatility with bezel drop protection as a bonus.

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
F04 is the best thing you can buy for the E2L/E1L. For anyone who owns either light... get it and see for yourself. at 12 dollars... what have you got to loose? :grin2:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The diffuser is nice, but the best thing you can buy IMHO is an Aleph 2x123 tube and run it on a Pila 600S! Only 28.00 for the tube at the Shoppe....
IMG_1174.jpg

Last edited:

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
The E2L CREE with F04 is such a nice combination that the instant my wife saw the perfect beam she commandered my E2L and I haven't had my hands on it since. I've since ordered an additional F04 for my L1 CREE to wear.

Last edited: