Lumens Factory lamps - does the reflector unscrew?

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I was wondering if you can unscrew the reflector on the lumens factory D26 lamps like you can with some other brands (digilight lamps and some generic G90 types)?

Cheers

Phil

mdocod

Flashaholic
um, well, there is no easy answer to that.

technically, yes, there are threads in there.... but they are, in my experience, usually locked in place with some kind of glue or threadlocker. expect to mutilate the assembly attempting to unscrew it.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
That's a shame, my digilight ones unscrew which is mighty handy.

I have just got myself a M900a clone for my RAP4 paintball marker. The head looks externally like an M3, but inside the lamp and reflector assembly are different. Basically what the manufacturers have done is make a new, bigger reflector that takes a G90 style bulb screwed into it. The thing is I'd like a HOLA for it. Currently I'm using one of my digilight 9v lamps in it, which is an improvement over the unidentified lamp that came with it, but it's still only 105 lumens.

I could possibly drill out the hole in the reflector and use an MN11, but focusing could be an issue, and once I've drilled that hole there's no going back!

And before anyone gets on their high horse about buying clones and getting what I paid for, yes you are correct, but I can't justify a real M900a for what is a game/sport.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The inside dia of the head is about 35.5mm, another option might be the lumens factory D36 HO9L, if anyone out there has one of the D36 lamps, could they possibly measure the depth of the reflector?

I might have to thin the EO9L down a little, since the dia is listed 36.5mm, but that would at least give me a well focused lamp, as opposed to the hit and miss (probably miss) idea of seeing if an MN11 will fit and just happen to be focused.

Thanks

Phil