Novatac EDC-P cheat sheet

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
created this today, to be printed as a 5x7inch photo, cut all the black off from around the edges, fold across the black line in the middle, bung it in your wallet for when you forget how to get it out of tactical momentary
one side is basic instructions and a list of what the menu's do
the other side is the resets, and lumen/level list
view, and right click/save it from here
http://www.westdrift.com/echo/Other stuff/Novatac wallet guide copy.jpg

note- this was created by me and is no way endorsed by novatac, please bear in mind that i am new to the novatac light and created this to help me if i get stuck remembering what does what, it may be wrong in places, so please post if you find something wrong with it
thanks

Last edited:

Cnote

Newly Enlightened
This sheet is a great idea!

Are they pretty confusing to operate?

I have been considering one of NovaTacs, if I need a sheet to tell me how to operate it, I guess I better go with something like a Fenix P2D RB100.

Thanks for your help

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Just don't get the "P" programmable version if you are afraid of it being too complicated.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Once you get a hang of the clicking/holding routines, they're fairly straight-forward. It only took me a minute or so to learn that. The trick is remembering later on what clicks and holds do what. :)

cfromc

Enlightened
The programming can be a pain but that is expected of something that has about 22 light levels and about 15 special features. Once you do the initial programming the actual usage of the light is pretty easy. I have mine set for momentary "tactical" so here is how I use mine:
Press for on, release for off
Click once-primary
Click twice once on-secondary
Click three times once on-minimum
Click and hold once on-strobe (I think this is called "maximum" in the manual)

That's easy to remember. Its when changing a setting that I have to go back to the instructions. The names of the pre-set levels doesn't really mean anything either. Any light level can be programmed to primary, secondary, minimum and maximum.

Last edited:

jcompton

Enlightened
I wonder if you could make it small enough (while still remaining ledgable) to fit along the inner wall of the body (probably folded in half) inside the NovaTac without jeopardizing functionality (having the paper catch on fire is not maintaining functionality of the light) since the spring is what makes the contact??? This way, no matter where you are with the light, you can always open it up and fix/reset/reprogram it, even if you do not happen to have your wallet....Just a thought :shrug:...

John

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sheet is a great idea!

Are they pretty confusing to operate?

I have been considering one of NovaTacs, if I need a sheet to tell me how to operate it, I guess I better go with something like a Fenix P2D RB100.

Thanks for your help
no they are simple to run, click for primary, double click for secondary, triple click for minimum and press for momentary maximum, click press for maximum
the only reason i made this card is so i can remember what the menu items do, and the resets.

Once you get a hang of the clicking/holding routines, they're fairly straight-forward. It only took me a minute or so to learn that. The trick is remembering later on what clicks and holds do what. :)
which is why i made the card, to remeber what the flashes in the menu mean etc

I wonder if you could make it small enough (while still remaining ledgable) to fit along the inner wall of the body (probably folded in half) inside the NovaTac without jeopardizing functionality (having the paper catch on fire is not maintaining functionality of the light) since the spring is what makes the contact??? This way, no matter where you are with the light, you can always open it up and fix/reset/reprogram it, even if you do not happen to have your wallet....Just a thought :shrug:...

John
to make it fit you probably couldnt read it
and if im out of bed i have wallet, phone, flashlight, knife and keys in my pockets