Where/which brand to buy CR123A's in the UK?

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm in the UK for a while and I've found that buying a box of Surefire batteries is quite a bit more expensive than in the US. I was wondering where our UK members purchased their CR123a primaries and what brand? I was looking on ebay and I saw some alright deals on energizer/duracell/panasonic batteries but they were from Hong Kong (long shipping).

(The search isn't working for me so sorry if this has been brought up many times before)

d123

Newly Enlightened
7dayshop have Panasonic 123's at just over £1 each, (£6.90 for 6 or £10.30 for 10).
7DayShop link

Deliver in a few days normally, from the CI.

Or if you don't mind waiting around 5 days, order from David at www.fenix-store.com - Order 16 and they work out around 97p each.
Fenix Store link

Dave

Last edited:

LightBeing

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably get flak for this but knowing the shipping/prices in the UK why not check Ebay as you might find some deals there. Or go with RCR123's from places like Dealextreme where shipping is free. They even have some primaries now.

DM51

Flashaholic
d123's suggestions are good ones. The 10 x Panasonic CR123A for £10.99 from 7dayShop are very good value, and I can confirm they are genuine Panasonic, not counterfeit. Alternatively, as he says, 16 x Energizer E2 for $31 from Fenix-Store are even cheaper, and a remarkable deal as it includes free Intl shipping. 4sevens must be actually losing money by offering this deal.

I strongly advise you NOT to buy any cells on eBay. There have been numerous reports of counterfeit cells - see post #10 onwards in this thread for just one example.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for 7dayshop if you are buying within the UK...that is the only place I will buy cells from in the UK

4sevens & lighthound both do great deals on Energizer CR123's

CFU

d123

Newly Enlightened
+1. Fenix-store has free international shipping. You can use the coupon code CPF8 if your order is over a certain amount (I think $20.00 USD)

:ohgeez:CPF8! how did I forget. that would make the Energizers from fenix-store less than 90p each, must be the cheapest reputable price available.

Dave

mrfluffy

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 50 GP CR123A batteries today for about 62 pence each. Do a search on County Batteries, or batteryworld. They are based in Nottingham, But do a mail order service. The batteries are definitely a good buy, I run my Ultrafire C2, my bike lights, and my collection of lasers from them. Drop me a PM if you want any more info...

BTW, I do not work for, or have any affiliation with the above company, I just spend lots of cash there :)