CREE BOUYED BY GE BUYOUT RUMORS, STOCK IS UP AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
Copyrighted material removed. See Rule 5.

There's a thread running about Cree stocks in The Cafe. So, this is closed, and can be continued, there.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
With their Phosphor rights and products this is a no brainer for a company like G E. Cree has positioned themselves very well for the eventual turning point when LED's completely replace traditional light sources. The real change will occur when the high powered street lights and residential lighting comes into play. There are several companies building street lights but the technology is not 100% matured yet. Once it is you will see them replacing every street light on your street like they did with the traffic signals. I looked at it last year when it was around $17 and now I wish I purchased it!

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
I honestly hope they don't get bought out...GE is gonna stifle the innovation happening there:shakehead

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I also hope they don't get bought out by GE. I own Cree stock and I hope to get a good return over the years as this technology matures. I definitely don't want GE stock, which could happen if they buy out Cree. Cree is one of the last public companies that makes LED's (that I know of).

Status
Not open for further replies.