gear light.....worth the money ?

Saiga

Enlightened
someone posted this on another thread,so i took a look. $45 from batteryjunction. kinda what i'm looking for, but seems pretty reasonable, price-wise, which makes me suspicious...any advice much appreciated....m.

The GearLite XR-01 uses a CREE XRE-7090 LED, the most powerful, efficient LED on the market today. This flashlight is simply fantastic. Hugely bright, extremely efficient and a great value. This well contructed light is sure to please!

Benefits:

[FONT=arial, helvetica]extended battery life AND increased brightness in portable lighting, when compared to existing white LED offerings
decreased power consumption AND increased reliability versus halogen bulbs in emergency-vehicle lighting
significant total-cost-of-ownership savings through reduced energy consumption AND avoidance of bulb replacement over metal-halide and mercury-vapor light sources in HID applications, such as street, parking area, and industrial lighting.

Model Number: XR-01
Accessories: Nylon Pouch
Material: Aluminium
Bulb Type CREE 7090 XLamp® XR-E Series Power LED
Uses: 2 x CR123A (Panasonic, included)
Size: 5 9/16" (length) x 1 3/8" (diameter)
Net Weight: 4.80 oz.
O-Ring Sealed for water resistance
Lumens: 130
Runtime: 1.5 hrs (high), 10 hrs (low)
Output: 130 lumens (high), 75 lumens (low)
2- Mode On /Off tail switch. (2-Stage Reverse Clicky)

[/FONT] also, no mention of finish or regulation.. anyone familiar with these?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, not worth the money. You can find a dozen or more lights similar in style, size and output at dealextreme.com for a third the price. Their shipping is slow because the packages are coming from Hongkong, but they are reliable and CHEAP.

The GearLite is probably a branded version of the Chinese generics you can find at DX, except with a fat markup. Why reward the rotten behavior of retailers that sell cheap Chinese generics for Surefire prices?