• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD. FS: Millermod AA, 3 Stage

moses

Enlightened
FS: Reduced to $70 shipped. Not sure what this is worth but here's a first offer. You are always free to make an offer. I believe that he made very very few of these, unlike the AAA versions.

This is a Millermod single AA modded Fenix with 3 stage switch. You select the output by physically turning the head so it stays at the last output selected. This is the best UI in my opinion. It's mechanical selection kinda like the Spy 005 although obviously not as refined.

Also, Millermod may have the single most efficient single AA circuit. This one was tested by Millermod to be over 80% efficient running wide open. His circuits run between 1.5 and 1.8 watts wide open with NiHd cells. Even in the lowest of the 3 stage, it is plenty bright and I requested that the 3rd stage run about 20 hours. Not sure about run time as I've never tested it.

This unit just got back a few weeks ago from him with a SXOH upgrade and switches redone so it is in great condition. The front edge of the light has some scratches.

You can also mod it by upgrading the LED as technology progresses.

PM if you want it.

Thanks,
Mo

Last edited:

moses

Enlightened
Re: FS: Millermod AA, 3 Stage

Good question. I went through an old PM post from Eric of Millermods and here it is:

Here's the details for your request. First stage draws 120mA and puts out about 40mA to the Lux and will run for over 24 hours with a Lithium primary and about 20 hours with an alkaline. The second stage draws about 600mA and drive the lux at about 220mA, this level will run for around 4 hours. The high stage draws 1.5 amps and drives the lux at about 550mA.

This mod works great and is very efficient, especially for a single cell high power driver. As the head is turned it smoothly goes through the 3 levels and leaves the on/off switch functional.

Please note I've not verified the stages for myself. Just going by what he's posted.

Thanks,
Mo

BurkStar

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Millermod AA, 3 Stage - Reduced

I'll take it. Please PM or e-mail with the payment details...

moses

Enlightened
Re: FS: Millermod AA, 3 Stage - Reduced

BurkStar - sorry, just saw that you responded. PMed back with instructions. Normally I get a PM when someone wants one so I was just watching my PM.

Thanks,
Moses