New 2007 Inova T4 actual output in lumens?

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
Has anyone tested the new reflector version of the Inova T4 with K2 led rated by Inova to produce 125 lumens? What is the actual amount of light produced? Is it anywhere close to the rated 125 lumens.

I just ordered(haven't received it yet) the T4 reflector version and am having second thoughts like maybe I should have got the Pelican 7060 instead.

pilou

Enlightened
Who knows. The new T1 is MUCH brighter than the old T1. The T4 shouled be significantly brighter.

ensile

Enlightened
both awesome lights, if the t4 is anything like my reflecto t3, except brighter, i'd say you're in for a treat.

my only gripe with the t3 is that it could be brighter, it's so nice.

berto

Newly Enlightened
Its not as bright as my novatac 120t so its not 125 lumes I would say about 80-90 lumes out the front.

weed099

Newly Enlightened
If Surefire lumen ratings are as close as everyone says they are...I would say the T4 is about 80 lumens. It was pretty much an exact match (to the human eye) to my SF G2L.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Now I don't know what's wrong with this thing. It's been on the charger(staedy blue light) for over 2.5 hours now all of a sudden its blinking blue. The manual says it should turn green! Anyone?

I had a T4 briefly for about 1 day. When the blue light flashed, try repositioning the flashlight in the cradle. Mine did the same. Very annoying. Also, when I used the Flashlight for a continuous 15 min duration, the on/off switch on the flashlight would not extinguish the light. Actuated several times before the light turned off. ran it for another 10 min same scenario, sent it back to the vendor that was a week and half ago still no replacement. Not real impressed with Inova QC pretty cheep looking charger base.:thumbsdow Could have just been the one I had just seems like a lot of Marketing involved with Inova.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the new T3, not the T4, but would think 75-80lumans should be about right. It is too bad that Inova did not put a Cree (or maybe Rebel) in this new 2007 version of their lights. Maybe the next series will have them.

Even though they are not as bright as many lights out there now, they are still good lights. Incredibly tough and dependable. Just not using the latest leds.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the old version of the T4 and when the unit is charged, the light goes off. This is one of my favorite lights and it is built like a tank! I recently got the T5 (2007 version) and it is pretty much the same as the new T4 but uses standard batteries. It has a brighter and much better beam than my T4. I also have the 2007 and old versions of the XO3 and the difference is the same. The newer version puts out a brighter and cleaner beam. I could not tell you the output since I have no way of measuring it, but they put out a lot of light!

Mike

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
Well I figured out that if I take the light out when the blue light starts to blink and use it for a couple minutes then put it back in the charger usually it will eventually turn green after 20 or 30 minutes.

Regardless I shouldn't have to do this to make the light charge correctly.

It doesn't seem bright enough to me and I'm not satisfied with the thow of this light.