LED codes

faca

Newly Enlightened
Hi recently I have bought one WEE TI 25 and its LED is CREE XR-E Q4 WG BIN.
I want to know which is the meaning of all this letters.
Is there some LED to upgrade mine.?
Is there some standar code rules for any LEDs?

Thanks

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
No need to upgrade yours, AFAIK Q4 is the second brightest Cree you can get right now. Q5 being the brightest Cree out now and there is only a relatively small difference.
Cree XR-E brightness ranges from low P4 up through Q2, Q3, and Q5. Those are all the ones I've seen, there are others on Cree's spec charts (Q1 for example) but have not been seen in the wild (by me).

WG stand for tint of white color. WC is cool with stronger hints of blue in it, then through the seldom seen WD, WE, to sometimes seen WF, to warmer (hints of orange, red, pink and green) to WG and WH. Often it is said warmer tints have better color rendition.
If your WG has acceptable color to you, then no upgrade is needed. You have a good light.

Grock

Newly Enlightened
How come there are different colors of shade from the same model of light? i.e. L2D has two different shades.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All LED's have variations - that's what the bin codes are for. One code tells you how efficient and how bright it will be at a certain current (usually 350ma) and another tells the 'tint'. Most manufacturers are not going to pay the extra to get a full roll of premium bins without charging you extra and most are good enough in the last couple years for most people. Most lights seem white to me unless I put them side by side then the eye and mind kick in to differntiate even the most minute differences. I think for most lights a manufacturer gets a roll of LED's that have different tints or they may get several rolls with one being a WC tint, another being a WG and so on and you will most often see different tints in the same model. Even same bin coded LED's can have enough variation that the human eye can see the difference in most cases.

Grock

Newly Enlightened
thanks matrixshaman and not regulated, we surely learned a lot :)

faca

Newly Enlightened
thanks all you yes my wee led tint is more warm white than my Fenix LPT1 anyway I like it becouse colors are seen more natural.