2X CR123A & Diffuser decision

Verve

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I haven't kept up very well with all the new lights and, as expected, there are tons of great new lights out there.

Basically I'm looking for a 2X CR123A light for a camping/go-bag and so far have been looking at the Fenix P3D Rebel Premium and the OLight T20. They both seem like great lights and for the money I'm leaning towards the Olight.

But, I think the deciding factor will be the ability to use it as sort of "lantern" if need be, with the addition of an attachable (white) diffuser (I have zero experience with these but love the idea of having both a powerful thrower as well as a make-shift lantern).

Any suggestions or experience with diffusers? (Links to purchase would be awesome too!)

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this has been covered in other threads.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Fenix sells a really nice slip on diffuser, that makes the whole room glow in a soft cool white. Also usefull for traffic directing if needed.

Verve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Bushman! That looks pretty cool. I assume that's compatible with the new Rebels, can anyone confirm?

And if anyone knows if the Olight T20 has a compatible diffuser it would be much appreciated! Especially since the light is $20 cheaper! :)

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix diffuser fits the P3D. I have one and it works very well. Very durable construction. I improvised adaptors so I can use it with my HDS, McLux and old L1T.

Verve

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix diffuser fits the P3D. I have one and it works very well. Very durable construction. I improvised adaptors so I can use it with my HDS, McLux and old L1T.

Of course it had to be more expensive of the two lights! :) (But I'm a big Fenix fan anyway, that was all the encouraging I needed.)

Thanks for the advice!