• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SuperNova ... SOLD!

cryhavok

Enlightened
Re: FS: SuperNova

How does the focus mechanism work on your model? Is your bulb centered in the reflector?

Could I burden you to do a shot of the front end/reflector? Thanks

Paul_DW

Enlightened

How does the focus mechanism work on your model? Is your bulb centered in the reflector?

Could I burden you to do a shot of the front end/reflector? Thanks
Not a problem.

Hope this helps:

nova_reflector.jpg

ez78

Enlightened

Paul_DW, I might be little bit interested too. I have some questions.

Are you the first owner and can you tell where you bought this light?

Does the charger take 240V input voltage, isn't that the voltage there in Australia too?

Do you feel that the bulb is very well centerd in the reflector? Is there a way to adjust the bulb othervice than in-out position?

Does the bulb have round arc chamber and not tube like?

What is the distance to that powerplant in the beamshot photo?

Are there more beamshots?

Thanks. :)

Paul_DW

Enlightened

Paul_DW, I might be little bit interested too. I have some questions.

Are you the first owner and can you tell where you bought this light?

Does the charger take 240V input voltage, isn't that the voltage there in Australia too?

Do you feel that the bulb is very well centerd in the reflector? Is there a way to adjust the bulb othervice than in-out position?

Does the bulb have round arc chamber and not tube like?

What is the distance to that powerplant in the beamshot photo?

Are there more beamshots?

Thanks. :)
Hi,

I bought this direct from Soloman through this forum.

I used it in the UK and over here in Australia, both are 240v.

I only ever adjusted by the 'in and out' method. To be honest I was only ever interested in throwing, and this baby throws!

Not sure about the 'arc chamber' question to be honest.

Beamshot was from one side of the River Thames in London to the other, and an excellent landmark, the Battersea Power Station. Don't know the distance but it was a doddle for it. I was more after the overall image really.

I'll upload a few more.

ez78

Enlightened

Paul_DW, thanks for the shots and answers.

By the way, how much does that whole package weight?

larryk

Enlightened

ez78, maybe I can help a little with some of your questions. I own both the SuperNova and MaxaBeam and the bulbs look pretty much identical. Although I own the SuperNova with the Li-Ion battery pack, I believe the lights are the same. If you look at photo # 5 and # 6 you can see two small silver screws, one next to the handle on the left in photo # 5 and one in front of the focus knob in photo # 6. Removing the screws allows you to fine tune the beam using an allen wrench. The adjustment on top for up and down, and the side adjustment for left and right. If your familiar with the Maxabeam, it is set up the same way. (Or I should say the SN is set up the same way as the MB). If I didn't own a MaxaBeam first I never would have known about the extra lamp adjustments because mine came with no users manual. Here are some photos, (although not very good) of the SN and MB lamp and reflectors. MB top photo, SN bottom photo. Hope this helps.

sn2cn5.jpg

sn1gl7.jpg

ez78

Enlightened

Larryk, thanks. Do you know any places where one could buy the Li-ion version? Seems to be that single new units are not sold anywhere online.