Ultrafire EMR1 vs Fenix P1D CE

daimleramg

Banned
Ok so heres the scoop...

Received my EMR1 a few weeks ago thinking(wow 200 lumens)its gotta be much brighter then my P1D CE because it 50% more lumens. But when i turned it on with a freshly charged 3.7 volt R123 it seems like my P1D CE. I have a handfull of AW's 3.7v R123's and i charged 2 of them just for this test. Now 1st 2 mins of this test with both EMR1 and P1D CE the EMR1 is just border line brighter, however after 10 mins of use, the P1D CE started getting brighter then the rebel. Im thinking to myself this rebel is hungry for power. So i stopped this test because i just thought of another one, pull out both batteries out of both lights and i took out a primary that is half used up. Reason for an half used up battery is im going to run it to the ground. Meaning I'm gona use it till it shuts off and see which light it can still power up. So I ran the primary battery till it shuts off then i placed it in my P1D CE and yes it turned on. Then I slid it into the other one(dirty minded ppl out there) i mean into the EMR1 and lookie lookie it didnt turn on... just to make sure i put it back into my P1D CE and it turns on again then the EMR1 again and still doesnt power up. To make a long story short my cree LED uses a lot less power then my rebel(not mine anymore). Maybe the input voltage is lower on my P1D CE then the EMR1, but with batteries almost drained my cree p4 is much whiter then the rebel which is very yellowish tint almost orange. So I sold my EMR1 for only $20.00(and the dead primary battery) to my friend and ordered a cree Q4 in the same body as the EMR1 found on dealxtreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5435 and i will run same test with this light. Hopefully I can put my P1D CE to rest and carry this new light once I receive it.

Jay T

Enlightened
Most likely the reason that the Fenix was able to run brightly on the almost dead cell was because of a more advanced regulation circuit and not because of the leds themselves.