Tiablo A9S

robo21

Enlightened
I just received my Tiablo A9S in natural with the OP reflector today from Lighthound. 4 hours and 24 minutes until dark...
toetap05.gif
But meanwhile, indoors, the low setting on the Tiablo seems brighter than my 3 D Maglite with the Terralux drop in.

The build quality of the Tiablo is excellent. And I think I want the optional smooth reflector. Has anyone tried this yet?

Last edited:

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Tiablo A9S in natural with the OP reflector today from Lighthound. 4 hours and 24 minutes until dark...
toetap05.gif
But meanwhile, indoors, the low setting on the Tiablo seems brighter than my 3 D Maglite with the Terralux drop in.

The build quality of the Tiablo is excellent. And I think I want the optional smooth reflector. Has anyone tried this yet?

I like that light so much, So I got 2 tiablo A9 with 2 different color with both reflector, One smo for long throw, and other for closer wider beam, I will post few picture later. smo:thumbsup: op:thumbsup:

Thanks mathew from battery juction.

Last edited:

robo21

Enlightened
I like that light so much, So I got 2 tiablo A9 with 2 different color with both reflector, One smo for long throw, and other for closer wider beam, I will post few picture later. smo:thumbsup: op:thumbsup:

Thanks mathew from battery juction.

I'm looking forward to the beamshots. Thanks. So would you say that the smooth throws a lot farther and tighter than the OP?

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
My A9 came with the OP reflector and I ordered the S reflector at the same time. Throw is definitely better with the smooth reflector, but a little ringy. Unless you spend all your time with your flashlight seated at your computer shining the light at the ceiling, you won't notice.

The A9 was, to me, unexpectedly good. Nice build, great throw, great regulation on primaries. A really great light.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
My A9 came with the OP reflector and I ordered the S reflector at the same time. Throw is definitely better with the smooth reflector, but a little ringy. Unless you spend all your time with your flashlight seated at your computer shining the light at the ceiling, you won't notice.

The A9 was, to me, unexpectedly good. Nice build, great throw, great regulation on primaries. A really great light.

Only the tiablo with Aircraft aluminum T7075 with Q5 in the market today...:D

robo21

Enlightened

I don't have a Webcam, how do you know I have my flashlights in front of my monitor and frequently test them on the ceiling? :laughing: J/K

Anyway, sounds like I will be ordering the S reflector at the same time I order the 120P next week. Thanks for the info.

robo21

Enlightened
For the Tiablo A8, A8S has the sculptured bezel, while the A8 has a smooth bezel. I'm going to assume that A9S also means the same thing, i.e. sculptured bezel.

That makes sense, I wonder if there is an A9 without a sculptured bezel? Not that I would want one though, I like the sculptured bezel.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want throw you want the smooth reflector. I think I'll buy the OP and post pics comparing it to the Smooth. Keep an eye on out for it in my thread.

robo21

Enlightened
If you want throw you want the smooth reflector. I think I'll buy the OP and post pics comparing it to the Smooth. Keep an eye on out for it in my thread.

OMG, you do have throw! Wow! Maxabeam is unreal. OK, I'm subscribed over there so I'll be keeping an eye out for the pics! And Thanks! :twothumbs