saw Peter Frampton in concert last night

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs

I saw Peter Frampton last night at the Fred Brown Amphitheater in Peachtree City, GA. I would not consider myself a big Peter Frampton fan, but after seeing him live, I am considering some CD purchases. My wife likes Frampton, and has been a fan since she was 8. So she talked me into going. I am really glad that she did.

I have seen well over 50 concerts, but have never seen someone with such mastery over the guitar. He made it look effortless, and was really enjoying himself. Besides, he rocked!!

Just so this is not too off topic, the guy ahead of me had a Nuwai big Q3 that he was using to see the food he was dishing out to his date. I got to use my Arc AAA-P, to help my wife find something too. :D

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
did he display his "george harrison tuning bit"??

good stuff, seen him thrice... always a great show.

he even played black hole sun by soundgarden one show!!

-chris

Yes, he did the "stole it from George" bit. He also did the "black hole sun" cover from his latest album.

The best part of the show was the improv that he did with the keyboardist, and the other guitarist. Simply stunning.

Scottiver

Enlightened
Frampton Comes Alive, perhaps the best live album ever. Certainly brings back fond memories for me.

Yep, that was the first rock album I ever bought as a teenager way back when.
Saw him recently on some late night PBS music program and must say I was impressed with what he's been doing lately.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Brings back some GREAT memories of GREAT times!!

Note to self: "Self, dig out a Frampton album or several to play!"

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frampton closed with a Humble Pie song. He really took it up a few notches.

His playing now is so much better than his "Comes Alive" album. There is no substitute for experience, I guess.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's now "Frampton is still alive."

I saw him opening for Stevie Nicks when she was still thin.

Geez I'm getting old...

Last edited:

Danbo

Enlightened
For an old bald guy, he sure can rock the house! :D

I, too, remember seeing him back in the 70s. IMHO, everybody needs to own "Frampton Comes Alive". :)

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Frampton in a tiny gym at Eastern Michigan University in I think the late 70's. Edgar Winter opened and played (of course) Frankenstein. None of his audio was working for some of the songs and boy was he pissed, but he kept on. What a good entertainer. By the time Frampton came on the crowd was kinda like "well, good music comin' outta the speakers, so what if it's not all there."

Frampton's stuff worked for sure. My ears were screaming for 2 days afterward, though that might not be only from the loud music but other activities I wouldn't do again. He hammered it out. Great show.

I heard that the original way the wa-wa stuff in "Do you feel like I do" was done had to be changed because it required putting a microphone down Pete's throat. Some other guys got electrically shocked from theirs so people weren't allowed to use that kind of thing any more. Of course that could be an urban legend. Anybody heard the same thing? I thought the song sounded great; just like it was supposed to.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter played an event near my house called "Hawk rocks the park", along with Loverboy, Eddie Money and a few other old timers (Styx, Alice Cooper...)
My sister is very good friends with Eddie Money and 4 of us ended up with "Artist Passes", the same pass the artists get to travel freely behind the scenes.. I got a little tipsy on Eddies bus during warm up and ended up on stage with Loverboy, a beer in each hand.. Watched the show from the little area they keep their guitars and lighting equipment, about 5 feet from the singer..
When Peter came on he was pretty insistent I stayed off the stage during the show (Loverboy was far more polite), He refused to do his show unless I was removed from the stage.. He got his way, go figure.:thinking:
Eddie Money put us up in the Armories in London, Spent the night doing what those old fellas do when the show is over then had the wife come pick me up.
Peters show was spectacular, he is an awesome artist!