500 Lumens and 60 minute+ run time?

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone come across a flashlight at 500 lumens and with 60 minutes+ of runtime?

Supernam

Enlightened
ROP HI won't make it. Low might, but may not be 500lm. Also, we're in the LED forum.

Take a look at Milkyspit's project M thread. Theres plenty of 500+ lumen lights that run over TWO hours.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROP HI won't make it. Low might, but may not be 500lm. Also, we're in the LED forum.

ROP Hi will get close, ~50 min @ 1000 Bulb lumens. ROP Low will get ~2 hours @ 500 bulb lumens.

Last I checked we're in the General Flashlight Discussion forum. Where are you?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is my costco HID? It's got ~3000lumens and about 2 hours runtime.

My CC has got ~5700 lumens, and will get ~90 mins with my current battery. But I'm expecting over 2 hours with my next battery. ;)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CC has got ~5700 lumens, and will get ~90 mins with my current battery. But I'm expecting over 2 hours with my next battery. ;)

:drool:
Now now I'm not bragging(ok maybe a little) I just figured I'd throw it out there that the previous guys were thinking too small(most of us know how big the Costco HID is). :p

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drool:
Now now I'm not bragging(ok maybe a little) I just figured I'd throw it out there that the previous guys were thinking too small(most of us know how big the Costco HID is). :p

It's ok to brag a little. :grin2:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Milkspits thread.

img-m-runtimes.gif

Look at the output and runtimes.
You're getting close to 900lm for over an hour.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
36 minutes is really close to the theoretical 38 minute runtime provided by the AW C cells that can supply about [email protected]. A traditional 4D/SubC ROP high can run for about 45 minutes, while a 6D one using D NiMH should provide about 2 hours of runtime.

Since the OP has specified no limit to flashlight size, a 6D is probably about the cheapest way to get there (what with $9.99 aluminum reflectors and $3.07 for five glass lenses), and it exceeds both runtime and lumen requirements by a goodly amount.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
36 minutes is really close to the theoretical 38 minute runtime provided by the AW C cells that can supply about [email protected]. A traditional 4D/SubC ROP high can run for about 45 minutes, while a 6D one using D NiMH should provide about 2 hours of runtime.

Since the OP has specified no limit to flashlight size, a 6D is probably about the cheapest way to get there (what with $9.99 aluminum reflectors and $3.07 for five glass lenses), and it exceeds both runtime and lumen requirements by a goodly amount.

My mistake. I was thinking about 3600mAH Sub-Cs, which I read would run for 50min here.

The other option would be a Mag85 3C. I have yet to do a run test, but I'd bet it will run close to an hour.

Supernam

Enlightened
Hey now... I have a ROP 2C AND crack friends. So there! lol

Back on topic...

I think the best bet for runtime and output is Milkyspit's Project M. It's scary that you can get 800+ lumens for over 2 hours in a 2C!