Kids are the cutest flashaholics!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went camping this weekend. Two boys, ages 7 and 9 were in the group. I got them both Streamlight Enduro headlamps for the trip. They both had 3D Maglights. We went for night hikes both Friday and Saturday nights. It was great fun. The whole weekend they did not take off their headlamps and carried around their Maglights!

Kids are so much fun to influence!

kelmo

Grubbster

Enlightened
I agree! We went camping this weekend also and I keep a whole bag of assorted flashlights in the camping gear for the kids. They have a great time grabbing different flashlights and playing "flashlight tag". I have not figured out exactly what flashlight tag is. I think it is just an excuse for them to run around in circles with flashlights! We also went into Mammoth Cave and I took along my Novatac. It was great for showing the kids what was in all the shadows (mostly cave crickets) and down the many unlite side passages. Good times!

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
My son (8) and I (mentally 8 most of the time) go on night exploration adventures at weekends, mainly in our small town (being in UK its really small !) and we wait until dark, get our coats and jackets etc, then my son will say, Dad can I go get the case ?, yeah sure son go on. So he goes up to my office and grabs my 1490 Peli case with some of our favourite lights in it, and he will bring it down and open it up on the sofa, and here's where it gets funny....
He will say..... OK Dad, I'm taking the P2D for my regular, the MRV for dark corners and the Surefire U2 in case we get into "real" trouble, what you taking ? I just burst out laughing everytime, and no matter how I try to explain he cant understand why it makes me giggle.......if only....

I wish I could bottle the whole thing and enjoy it many many times over....

LG&M

Enlightened
I was camping with Kids this weekend also we had three 9 year old. when they were playing flashlight tag I would just stand back and light them up with my ROV 3C.

greenLED

Flashaholic
My son will hide things under his bed, close the door of his bedroom and then use his (or my) flashlights to "find" the "lost" items. It's quite an adventure, I tell ya. :laughing: Oh, and he won't use "dim" lights - there's "something wrong" with those. :crackup:

He's also VP of my testing department.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
My 2 year old daughter plays with a Dorcy Cool Blue and some Brinkman 3AAA LED lights, and drags around my 4D Mag sometimes.

We sit in the dark and shine lights all around and look under all the chairs and couches. I'll hide behind something and spook her when she finally finds me.

BTW if she sees my P2D, E1e or Arc AAA she demands to have it. I sometimes let her play with the AAA while she's in the tub. :)

dogbert614

Newly Enlightened
wife have a surefire g2 yellow with fingernail paint" pink or red" and a kids stickers "she is a daycare teacher" on it to keep me from stealing it" a gift from her father for living in the big dark scary city" ha ha ha moms gift was a ruger p series 9mm " smart woman".... why could i not have parents like this lol??:twothumbs

my 2 year old little just lick all my flashlight and tosses then goes " i broke it daddy" then does it all over again. still have not kill a mini maglite has dented the wall lol........... kids well be kids

Last edited:

Gatsby

Enlightened
My son is a dedicated flashaholic and is asking for a new camping light since we've joined YGuides. He had an Xnova and an Inova X1 that he fried (partly my fault - dead batteries stayed in place and leaked everywhere) and a handful of keychain lights, and a few incandescents that aren't great for runtime or brightness.

He's 5 now and I think ready for a "real" flashlight so I've been scoping out a new Inova X1 (so I can run rechargeables since he tends to leave it on at night) or perhaps another Xnova 8 LED (really inexpensive but not as well made). I picked up a Lumapower 301 for myself but got a fair deal on it so that might end up being his new light depending on how easily it works.

We'll see what pops up on the marketplace before our first Longhouse!

Latest posts