Flickering 6P On P60 And DX Drop-in

fluke

Enlightened
Hello.
I have a Surefire 6P that flickers when using the tactical switch, I have cleaned everything I can get to but still the same, on both my P60 and DX Drop-in.

Any ideas ???
Its not right to have to give it a whack every time I want to get it brighter.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi,

What 'tactical switch' are you using? This might help us a little.

Also, you've said you've cleaned all the contacts etc, so that's out of the way ;) how about checking the spring on the p60 to make sure its nice and straight, maybe pull it very gently out a little bit? After that try a new set of batteries, and let us know how you went :)

As far as the DX drop in, the only tip I can offer is that I think I have one of those, and I was told to always pull the batteries out before installing the lamp assembly into the 6p. Put the drop in led in, then put batteries in. See if that helps, I haven't had a problem with mine. Be aware though that any problem you're having with the DX could be qc issues with the lamp itself....

I hope something i've said helps solve the issue :)

fluke

Enlightened
Hi,

What 'tactical switch' are you using? This might help us a little.

Also, you've said you've cleaned all the contacts etc, so that's out of the way ;) how about checking the spring on the p60 to make sure its nice and straight, maybe pull it very gently out a little bit? After that try a new set of batteries, and let us know how you went :)

As far as the DX drop in, the only tip I can offer is that I think I have one of those, and I was told to always pull the batteries out before installing the lamp assembly into the 6p. Put the drop in led in, then put batteries in. See if that helps, I haven't had a problem with mine. Be aware though that any problem you're having with the DX could be qc issues with the lamp itself....

I hope something i've said helps solve the issue :)

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.

I am using the standard 6P switch.

As I said it does it on both drop-ins, it is almost certainly switch related as it flickers most when applying more pressure to the switch.

I do fit the module first, I have tried the DX drop-in with and without the large spring, but makes no difference.

If you screw the switch down tight there is no guarantee that it will be at its brightest, but a whack usually does it :scowl:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Okay, you've got me eye balling my 9p now ;) .

You haven't mentioned trying new batteries yet, or giving either the p60 spring or tailcap a gentle 'pull.'

The only thing I can also think of at the moment is I had an older 6z non-lotc whose 'guts' was sort of prone to falling out of the tailcap. My older non-lotc did the same thing. When attached to my 9p, when I unscrewed the tailcap the 'guts' stayed on the body, and from me continuing to unscrew the rest of the tailcap it caused the bulb to start flashing. Your bashing it might be settling it into its correct position? This is anecdotal information at best though, could be COMPLETELY false information, just what I experienced :)

Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge than me as far as conductivity can comment. It doesn't make sense to me if the harder you push the switch in the more the flicker, but i'm not exactly an electrical engineer ;)

fluke

Enlightened
I have tried 2 sets of fresh out of the packet Duracells, exactly the same.

I have tweaked the tailcap spring and the drop-in spring.

So anyone know how to remove the switch module ???

scottaw

Enlightened
Don't mess with removing anything, just call surefire, and have them send you a new tailcap, or send them the light to replace it. (put your P60 back in before you send it to them.)