question regarding LEDs

hazna

Enlightened
Hi I've only just discovered this forum =) I've got a question regarding LED bulbs. I have a led lenser v9 which i received a b'day gift. I'm finding the light does not seem as bright as it was originally. I've tried changing batteries but that did not seem to make much difference. Theres now a slight purplish tint to the light. Is the bulb starting to die off? I thought LEDs last for ages.

I like the v9 because it is so small, and I'm not really looking to replace it because of its sentimental value.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but I can say, buy a Fenix and be really impressed. You don't have to replace it, just add onto it. A couple of Fenix lights like a P2D Rebel100 or a L2D Rebel100 will light your LED fire and then get a Novatac 120P and you'll be set for awhile.

hazna

Enlightened
I've recently got an ultrafire C3, which I'm pretty happy with, however i also want something smaller than that. Something light to go on a key chain. Any suggestions?

frank777

Enlightened
My experience is that an LED that overheats, usually from poor heat conduction and/or being driven beyond the maximum current in the specifications, can cause a reduction of light output as well as tint or color changes. I have had quality problems with LED Lenser products. My keychain light for 5 years has been an ARC-AAA, and it has never let me down.

Last edited: