Jetbeam        

Thread: Fenix P2D 100 Rebel - flash

Flashaholic

Default Fenix P2D 100 Rebel - flash

When I turn on the P2d Rebel there is a momentary flash before the light resets to low. Only happens when first turned on.

is this normal?

Default Re: Fenix P2D 100 Rebel - flash

Based on others' experiences, it is normal.

Very normal. Called Maxi-flash. Happens on all Fenixes. Try to put it to your chest or cover with your hand when turning on in low light to avoid frying your night vision.

It doesn't happen on all Fenix Cree/Rebel lights as the L1D and L2D I ordered back in April (?) don't do it. Nor do the P3D's with the buck circuitry. But the my P2D's ordered this summer do have the MIB Flashy-Thing going on.

Flashaholic

Thanks every one.

Happily, the L1T Rebel 2.0 doesn't have it. That's a deal killer for me and I don't know why Fenix hasn't fixed this yet.
    Olight S1, EagleTac D25C Ti, 4/7s Mini MLX, 4/7s Mini MLR2, ITP A3 EOS, 4/7s Atom A0. Circa 2007: Orb Raw NS (UWOJ), VB-16 (4th), Fenix L1T 2, Liteflux LF2 (SSC P4), Fenix L0P-SE (SSC mod), Amilite Neo T5, Peak Caribbean, Jetbeam CL-E, Fenix L2P (CR2 mod), JIL CR2.

It happens on both my P2D CE abd P2D Rebel, but it is way more noticable on my Rebel.
    BROZNEO

Flashaholic*

Mpr Re: Fenix P2D 100 Rebel - flash

There is nothing like that happening on the P1D-CE either.

Flashing in related to the PWM circuit? My Arc First Run mod, with Flupic (PWM) flashes in low, high, and burst shorty after each level is selected. The flashing on my light sets the level.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbler View Post
    It doesn't happen on all Fenix Cree/Rebel lights as the L1D and L2D I ordered back in April (?) don't do it. Nor do the P3D's with the buck circuitry. But the my P2D's ordered this summer do have the MIB Flashy-Thing going on.
    My L1D received a couple weeks ago does flash when first powered up as does my P2D RB100 of the same vintage. A minor annoyance on two otherwise fine lights.
    Too many lights! Stop me!

My new P2D-CE I just got today does that. Turn it on with Regular mode on the bezel and it flashes first. Strange. Now for something different. With the bezel set to Turbo mode, I push on and it's on Turbo, push off. Push on, it's on strobe, push off. Push on, Turbo. Is it supposed to do that?

If you turn it off and on rapidly it goes into strobe mode. That is by design. Nice light eh?

It happens on my P3DRebel...Great light by the way!
    "I only smile in the dark...my only comfort is the night gone black..."lyrics from Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by da.gee View Post
    If you turn it off and on rapidly it goes into strobe mode. That is by design. Nice light eh?
    I'm not pushing it rapidly. I can push on, then off. wait a second or two, then push on and it's on the next setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaetos View Post
    I'm not pushing it rapidly. I can push on, then off. wait a second or two, then push on and it's on the next setting.
    Same with my Fenix. The reset time is around 3 seconds for me but maybe I count quickly. I don't see it as an issue as I can always tap the cap and change the mode back again.

My P2DCE also has the flash but it's hardly noticable and not nearly bright enough to ruin my night vision like running it in turbo mode can.
    Get thee behind me, CPF.

My P3D Rebel does not, my P2D Rebel did and that's why I sent it back and ordered a Raw NS for my EDC (until Rob mfgs. a wee damscus)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaetos View Post
    Mine will do the same with a quick two second count. Three seems to be too long. I would say your operation is normal, or we have both been duped.

Enlightened

My L2D Rebel 100 also flashes when turned on.

Joe