kiadomain's 100 lumen aaa light

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
this thing sounds awesome.
how the heck are they drawin 100 lumens from a aa light.
it must run for 9 minutes. lol.
how long are we talking before they're available?
what do you guestimate the actual lumens will be.

i ask the mods not to delete this thread please.
some threads are not yet dead!
thank you.

bspofford

Enlightened
I'm still recovering from the "200 lumens" hype for the EMR1, so I'll probably let the rest of you tell me how bright it is before I consider buying one. Can it be much brighter than the Ultrafire SSC P4 1XAAA light? :shrug:

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Most LED lights are rated by their LED output and not by their out the lens output. In the case of the Rebel 0100, the 0100 refers to the output at 350ma @ 3.2v to 3.5v depending on the vf of the LED. A Q5 Cree is rated 107 to 114 lumens at 350ma, also from 3.3v to 3.8v. Figure in a loss of about 40% on the average and that is what you will get.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of the knurling and the Arc/Infinity type lanyard hole that's punched into the body. All the other lights look like a Fenix, vice versa if you know what I mean. It's not even in-stock at Kai yet...ETA is a week and a half. As soon as I get it I'll take pics and give impressions in led forum... Hope it's functional, big KD engraving :sick2: or not :thumbsup:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the Fenix L1P first came out, it was an AA alkaline light pushing about 350ma to the LED (Luxeon I).

Since the LEDs nowadays are rated around 100 lumen @ 350ma, manufacturer's start selling those lumen figures :D Getting 350ma from a 1.5v Alk doesn't seem too much of a problem for manufacturers.