Looking for a two stage, 1xAA light with a low low level

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm trying to sort through all the new(ish) multi level lights and would like to find a two stage (ideally) AA based light that has a low power level that is truly a low level. Perhaps not as low as my lowest setting on my HDS B42, but in that general vicinity. Ideally with a less noticeable PWM or perhaps a resistored solution.

Primary doesn't need to be scorching, but a nice burst when needed. I don't really need strobe, or SOS. Reliable and tough with a easily understood UI - twisty is fine (like CR2, Raw operation) or a clicky but I'd prefer something that comes on in low and you can cycle to high or cycle directly back to off.

Thanks for the help!

Gatsby

Enlightened
That lumapower looks like a good option, thanks!

What are the opinions on the Liteflux LF1? That switch setup is appealing as you can turn it on and off in low without cycling through high. Is the low relatively low?

john46268

Newly Enlightened
Not to sound snide or anything, but you could always hold the LumaPower against your leg and cycle it thru high.

Happy Lighting! :twothumbs

Gatsby

Enlightened
John - funny you mention that as I just bought a 301 off the marketplace and figured I would do exactly as you've suggested ... :cool:

It has also been suggested that you can turn the head a 1/4 turn and leave the switch on low... I suppose I'm spoiled from the HDS which is of course a good deal more expensive and a good deal thicker!

Grubbster

Enlightened
That lumapower looks like a good option, thanks!

What are the opinions on the Liteflux LF1? That switch setup is appealing as you can turn it on and off in low without cycling through high. Is the low relatively low?
The Liteflux LF5 is the way to go for a AA light. It gives you two easily accessible levels that are user adjustable plus another adjustable level available with two twists of the head. You can set the low below one lumen if you wish. There are also adjustable strobe and SOS available with additional twists. There are many other settings in the LF5 such as overdischarge protection and battery voltage level. It is a very nice light.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for liteflux,My lf 3 is programmed very low,about as low as my flupic,a twist gives me about 60% and user mode is 100%.Very versitile.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Yup, the LF5 is the closest thing to an HDS in 1AA format, with a range of user-programmable levels. Only thing is it uses a twisty instead of a clicky. You can see how it stacks up to other 1AA lights here:

Rebel, Cree, SSC Multi-Stage 1AA Review: RUNTIMES and BEAMSHOTS

The Luma 301 is also a nice light for its price point, although the intermittently-priced Rexlight 2.1 has a lower low mode.

All 3 are good lights - just depends what features you want and how much you are willing to pay.