Nuwai X1 Modding

richdsu

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Anybody have experience on how to open up a Nuwai X1 ( 1AA) for
modding ( putting a SSC or Rebel emitter) ?

:naughty:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Anybody have experience on how to open up a Nuwai X1 ( 1AA) for
modding ( putting a SSC or Rebel emitter) ?

:naughty:

The Nuwai X1 is very similar to the Fenix L1 or L1P. It would respond well to a Seoul LED, and would require very little modification. The LED is accessed through the head, and the module is unscrewed with needle nose pliers, or similar tool.

Do some research on Seoul mods before you begin work, and you will find a lot of information about the emitter swap. If you like a floody light, it is a direct swap. If you want a more pronounced hotspot with improved spill, then you will need to use a 0.030" shim under the LED. You will also need to remove 0.030" from the back of the reflector.

Have fun!

richdsu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your tips.

But I can't seems to remove the head from the main body in order to access the module for modding. Probably glued strongly together. Any advise how to
remove them?

I've recently modded a Nuwai X3 ( TM-320XCE3 ) with a SSC P4 U-bin emitter, the light is much much brighter and beam pattern and throw is nice with this flashlight's reflector design.:naughty:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your tips.

But I can't seems to remove the head from the main body in order to access the module for modding. Probably glued strongly together. Any advise how to remove them?

I would use heat and strap wrenches. If the strap wrenches slip, wrap thick rubber bands around the light first. Wrap the rubber bands around the light in the direction that you will be twisting.

Walt175

Enlightened
I opened mine up by using a heat gun, then just twsiting by hand while wearing leather work gloves. Came apart fairly easily. The pill wasn't locktited at all, and was easy to unscrew.

richdsu

Newly Enlightened
By applying heat using Hot-air Gun, will the process cause damage to the
reflector and the polycarbonate lens?

How long do you take to heat up prior loosening ?

:twothumbs

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
By applying heat using Hot-air Gun, will the process cause damage to the
reflector and the polycarbonate lens?

How long do you take to heat up prior loosening ?

:twothumbs

I use a coffee/tea mug warmer for heating lights. It takes less than 5 minutes to get hot enough. The reflectors that I deal with are usually aluminum, and the lenses are glass. The poly lens should be OK if you don't "cook" it for too long.