Ultrafire Knock-off or not

stansbrew

Newly Enlightened
I have recently really gotten into the flashlights lately and bought (among many others) 2 Ultrafire EMR1 with a Rebel LED, I have a good feel for the color and brightness based on other flashlights I own, but somehow (I think drinking and online shopping was involved) I ended up with 2 of this light from different sources, anyhoo one of the lights is bright and has a tint of a Cree LED bluish white light, and the other is brighter, and has the Rebel look, kind of more reddish and alot brighter.
So has anyone else had this issue with Ultrafire??
I think one light came from DX, the less bright one that I think is not a Rebel.
And the other I got on Evilbay and it seems to be the real deal.:candle:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the emitter. It should like like this.

027smallfj2.jpg

BTW this is the Fenix P3D Premium 100 Rebel.

bspofford

Enlightened
I have EMR1 lights from two sources. The two from the UltraFire Shop were nicely finished and had a bright, smooth, warm-white beam. Others that I received from another source, at a lower price, had inferior machining with less bright, greenish beams. I don't know if the other source is selling seconds or knock-offs.:sssh:

Mash

Enlightened
Did you report this observation to the vendor? If you got it from where I think you did, they are pretty good with their customer service, and if you tell them that their product seems inferior to other sources, maybe they can investigate to see if they are being lied to as well.

stansbrew

Newly Enlightened
Look at the emitter. It should like like this.

027smallfj2.jpg

BTW this is the Fenix P3D Premium 100 Rebel.
Both emitters look just like this, there is no visible diff. My rebbel 100 Fenix looks just like this too, BUT the Ultrafires are both way brighter than the Fenix 100.:thinking:

bspofford

Enlightened
Did you report this observation to the vendor? If you got it from where I think you did, they are pretty good with their customer service, and if you tell them that their product seems inferior to other sources, maybe they can investigate to see if they are being lied to as well.

This vendor insists that these are new lights directly from Ultrafire, but I don't know which Ultrafire. It is my understanding that there are about six independent factories that manufacture "Ultrafire" products. Apparently the 502B is made by all of them and has different quality. I'm guessing that at least two different factories are manufacturing the EMR1 lights. The real Ultrafire is apparently changing its name to "Trustfire," but their quality seems inferior to at least one of the other Ultrafire factories.:shrug:

INFI

Newly Enlightened
This vendor insists that these are new lights directly from Ultrafire, but I don't know which Ultrafire. It is my understanding that there are about six independent factories that manufacture "Ultrafire" products. Apparently the 502B is made by all of them and has different quality. I'm guessing that at least two different factories are manufacturing the EMR1 lights. The real Ultrafire is apparently changing its name to "Trustfire," but their quality seems inferior to at least one of the other Ultrafire factories.:shrug:

Changing the name to Trustfire? seems like they need to be a little more trustworthy or reliable first.:thinking:

Last edited:

Windscale

Enlightened
The term "Quality Control" is almost non-existent with many Chinese goods. QC most of the time assumes the meaning of "Packaging". There is usually a high degree of product variations within the same product. That's why whenever I buy UF and Fenix I always go and test the actual product. Being based in Hong Kong helps. I always try out a few before deciding on one. As I have bought many over the years, the shop knows me quite well and let me do the choosing. Beware mail order purchasers!