A Finnish innovation: a hat + leds!

Nereus

Enlightened
A Finnish company called LedItSee has introduced a series of different hats which have leds permanently installed. A pic is worth more than 1000 words:

http://verkkokauppa.planeetta.net/WebRoot/Planeetta/Shops/1133/Categories/Caps/RedBlanco3views.gif

I've read some Finnish articles about these and usually the writers have liked the product because it is very handy.

The funny part of the story is the fact that I remember also reading somewhere that this is unique innovation - other companies should not globally have comparable products. Is this true? Can an idea this simple be a new idea? Because if it is, I am proud to be a Finn... :D

Here is the english version of the company web site: http://www.leditsee.com/index_eng.htm

-N

Last edited by a moderator:

scottaw

Enlightened
Last time i went camping my friend had one of those, just 2 leds in the brim (looked like the ones in an unltr-G) and 2 coin cells in the back (couldn't even see the battery pack. And it was almost the perfect headlamp, didn't look silly, and plenty of light to get around camp and a short hike. Dang it, now i want one.

Matt13

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, new forum user here.
To be fair, the LeDitSee caps and other hats are different for a couple of reasons:
- They have between 8 and 12 LEDs built-in
- All LedItSee products run on standard 9-volt batteries
- LeDitSee has patents for various aspects of their products

I will declare my interest as the distributor of these products for Australia and New Zealand, but none-the-less these are hard-wearing, heavy-duty products that do throw a lot of light for their size.

In Australia they are proving very popular with fishermen, hunters and tradesmen, etc.

We also sell the coin-cell type caps with 6-LEDs but they are nowhere near as bright as the LeDitSee caps.

Full details of the 8-LED 9-Volt LeDitSee cap is on my website here:
http://www.fishvictoria.com/store/product.php?productid=147

Apologies if posting this link is in violation of the rules, I simply wanted to set the record straight to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
How much is 46.00 backwards E with an extra squiggle in US dollars?

I am goofy I know. If it is 46 dollars is is a bit pricy. I'd like beamshots and lumen counts!

Illum

Flashaholic
I think the craftsman hat was created as a novelty...but if they would stop using button cells it would make a very good product.

[RANT/]
1 AAA + 1 70ma booster + 2 LEDs wired in parallel getting 35ma a piece
why not? :huh2: why 2xCR2016s? I don't get it.

if your gonna use button cells, then sell it cheaper. If your gonna crank the price up, use user friendly batteries! [/RANT]

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
My first choice would be a headlamp, but as an option...

I prefer using a Princeton Tec Impulse with it's ball cap swivel option. It lets you adjust the beam angle up and down, has three light levels and two blinking modes.