is rubber hex thing removable on tiablo A9 ??

Saiga

Enlightened
i think i've been convinced to go with the A9 over the A8, but i'm hoping that gooofy rubber thing on the handle isn't permanent. anyone ?? also, does lighthound honor the CPF discount ??

Last edited:

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i've been convinced to go with the A9 over the A8, but i'm hoping that gooofy rubber thing on the handle isn't permanent. anyone ?? also, does lighthound honor the CPF discount ??

It can be removed, but there's a gap there.

Saiga

Enlightened
like a F'd up gap ??:confused: something that affects water resistance, something aesthetically unacceptable,or something minor ?

Saiga

Enlightened
thanks Nitro !! now THAT was a perfectly clear,unambiguous,straightforward answer to a question !!!
and honorable mention goes to Robo21, that cracked me up !!

robo21

Enlightened
thanks Nitro !! now THAT was a perfectly clear,unambiguous,straightforward answer to a question !!!

I wasn't kidding, that's what they call the rubber thingy in the user's guide that comes with the flashlight. Seriously though Saiga, you will love the light with or without the anti fall device. I have a 5 cell Maglite, and a 3 cell Mag with the Terralux drop in. When the dog starts barking my first impulse is to grab the Tiablo A9. Not because it's new but because it gets the job done better than anything I own yet.

Saiga

Enlightened
thanks robo, y'all have all been very helpful in my search for a totally unneccesary,over-priced toy !! by the way, i'm leaning toward the plain-polished reflector, as someone earlier said " if your gonna get a thrower,let it throw !!". but i've also read that the orange peel reflector gives a better beam, and still seriously throws.wadda ya think ?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to help. Enjoy your new light.

robo21

Enlightened
thanks robo, y'all have all been very helpful in my search for a totally unneccesary,over-priced toy !! by the way, i'm leaning toward the plain-polished reflector, as someone earlier said " if your gonna get a thrower,let it throw !!". but i've also read that the orange peel reflector gives a better beam, and still seriously throws.wadda ya think ?

I have the OP and it throws like a champion. Nitro promised to post beamshots of both the OP and the smooth reflectors - Nitro? :poke: :wave: .

Personally, I wanted a useful beam blending throw and spill. But I've been thinking about getting the smooth reflector also. The way I look at it, it's like having 2 flashlights in one. Some guys have actually bought 2 A9's one OP and one smooth.

PS. Saiga, if you want to see throw, take a look at some of the beamshots in Nitro's sig link!