Maglite reflector for max throw

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hello, i would like to buy a reflector for a maglite,to use with a cree lamp and i want to get very good throw. I like also flashlights such as tiablo A8 or the new dbs but i want for my flashlight to last longer. What is your suggestions? WHat about asphericals? Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For the longest throw with the stock Maglite reflector, it is better to use a Seoul LED since more of the light will hit the reflector and be focused to create a longer throwing beam. The Cree will put more light into the spill beam. The Malkoffdevices Maglite D drop-in is a good drop-in for 2-4 D maglites.

The asperical lens is a lens made to focus light well even at the edges of the optic and works best with the Cree LED because more light would hit the lens die to the narrower emitting angle of the Cree XR-E. I've heard of up to 75000 Lux with 1m with the correct asperical lens, the maglite reflector would probably get up to 10000 Lux at 1m.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, i would like to buy a reflector for a maglite,to use with a cree lamp and i want to get very good throw. I like also flashlights such as tiablo A8 or the new dbs but i want for my flashlight to last longer. What is your suggestions? WHat about asphericals? Thanks!

If you want throw with a Mag/Cree, get an Aspherc Lens. No other LED will out throw it. Check out my "Got Throw?" sig link for beamshots.