L1D Will Not Work "Help"

djblank87

Enlightened
Hey guys I just got what looks to be a mint Fenix L1D from a person on B/S/T. I put in a fresh cell nothing, the light would not go on at all. So I tired four different new cells and still nothing.

Like I said it seems to be in "Mint" condition other than not working. :sigh: Now to avoid a big hassle and send it back to whom ever it was purchased from does any out know a remedy to fix such a problem?

Any help would be great.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I assume all the contact points have been cleaned. Maybe try hot wiring the head to a battery. If that lights it up, then you've got a problem with the tailcap switch.

Geoff

djblank87

Enlightened
Yeah, I cleaned the contact points, I will try to hot wire it and if that doesn't work then maybe I will have to order a new tailcap.

Thanks FT

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1D is the only one out of my eight Fenix lights that gives me troubles. In my case the problem is in the contact between the head's threads and the non-anodized ones on the body. They are never clean enough and after a while the problem returns. The light works well only when the head is fully tightened.

Is this also your case or it doesn't work at all?

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my suprise I just put in a new cell for the sixth time and it came on :twothumbs. Thanks for the help :thumbsup:
Make sure the metal retaining ring is screwed down tight inside the tailcap.

Last edited: