His was bigger than mine :(

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
My friend embarrassed me severely my pride was hurt:mad::sick:. I went to watch a movie at my friends new HT:popcorn:
and when it was dark, out of the blue he says lets have a flashlight competition who's is brighter:candle:. I was shocked by this because he is not into flashlights but he does know that I edc a flashlight. I pulled my L1P with a big grin on my face:D thinking that he was going to loose. ..............So he pulled out a Mag 2D .........and out shined me :() I never compared these two before but I thought that he was going to loose. How is that possible:mecry: he even mentioned that he didn't have fresh batteries.
I was tough an important lesson Mag = good and buy something brighter and bigger for next time.
I really don't think I can visit his house or see him again the embarrassment is just too severe.:mecry::mecry::mecry:
I might be able to salvage my pride if my flashlight will be brighter than his:poke:. Any ideas? What should I get? I would love to prove that size doesn't matter.

Patriot

Flashaholic
A 2D maglight is only about 35 lumens stock. I think your friend pulled a fast one on you with a modified light of some formula.

Depending what your friend is pulling, a single LED may not be bright enough. Maybe build an ROP or Mag85 if you want to show him up a bit.

KingGlamis

Banned
Next time, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. :D Not that a standard Mag is much of a gun, but still...

Here's a cheap light that is brighter than 90% of the lights on the market. I have countless hours of use on this light with zero problems. For about $20 plus batteries you too can not only beat him, but make him realize he is living in the stone ages with a stock Mag.

Here is the link: http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/superfire-501d-4xcr123a-p-407.html

And here are some beam shots:

IMGP9991.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, that is a LOT of light for $20.

And YES, it does fit in my pocket. I EDC it quite a bit.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
ask him how does he edc w/ it & how many sets of batts does he carry along... :whistle:

Valolammas

Enlightened
Oh come now, you are taking this awfully hard. Win some, lose some, no big deal. Besides, if your friend develops some interest in lights, isn't that a good thing?

..............So he pulled out a Mag 2D .........and out shined me :() I never compared these two before but I thought that he was going to loose. How is that possible:mecry: he even mentioned that he didn't have fresh batteries.

No matter what people say, Maglites do throw well. Even the stock 2D, so I wouldn't be so surprised by this result actually. So don't get into a throw contest, get your friend indoors and let your light's superior spill work its magic.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you really want, either a 2C mag cut into 1c with a rebel, cree xr-e or seoul using a hotlip alike then driving it at 1.5amp :)

Phaetos

Enlightened
Show him a Borealis. 1051 Lumens 50+ minute run time in a Mag. Then cook his popcorn for him with the same light. :D

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went camping last weekend with Mag People. The 3D models do throw well. They are still good lights for the masses.

Personally I think you have deeper issues than just the flashlights. Who runs faster? Bench presses more? Blah-Blah-Blah. Good friends laugh at each others folly, not obsess about them.

Try EDCing a 2D Mag instead of the Fenix for a day. You'll change your mind!