Inova X5MT-Red Led Question

Spin

Enlightened
I'm considering the purchase of this light & would like to know the runtime on a fresh battery? Also recommendation from whom to purchase from. Thanks.

jdong

Newly Enlightened
I have the 2006/2007 white LED X5, and I've been using it for a long time now, and I can definitely promise my combined runtime exceeds 8 hours, and the light still looks very bright. Perhaps runtime on it is lower when continuously drawn?

GreySave

Enlightened
The runtime chart referenced is for the 2 cell white LED model. The red X5 is a single cell. I have one but unfortunately I cannot tell you what my experience has been as I use it to navigate at night using partially drained cells retired from my other light. It's never had a fresh cell installed.

The light pattern for the red LED model is more throw than flood and there are some artifacts as compared to the white model. It's not horrible, but I thought you should be aware so you are not surprised. I like the light and use it every night.

scottaw

Enlightened
Fantastic light, i compared a couple red lights (some WAAAAY more expensive) and this is the one i kept. You can catch these on B/S/T for $25-$30. I have yet to kill my first battery, but i've heard that they run forever and will even light up with a battery that other flashlights call dead. I highly recommend this light if you're looking for something red.

jdong

Newly Enlightened
I have yet to kill my first battery, but i've heard that they run forever and will even light up with a battery that other flashlights call dead.

This statement is definitely true on the whites. I tried to feed my white CR-123A's that send my Inova XO/T2's into moon mode, and they look very brilliant. It's a good light for cleaning up after hungrier lights!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know the exact runtime, but it has to be in the 20s of hours. I have had mine for over a year and use it often and never changed the original battery yet.