SF L1 Cree?

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
I want to say hello to everyone, and I am glad I found this forum. I bet they are some good people here. I have always liked gun,knives,watches and flashlights. Guess that why I have no money,haha. I already have a E1L outdoorsman. Would a man be silly to get the new SF L1 cree? I kinda like the small lights with one battery.

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
I bought both the E1L and L1 crees as an impulse buy a few weeks ago... I have a problem =(

bigfoot

Enlightened
Funny you mention that... I did exactly that this past week. I already have an E1L (non-Cree) from last year, but I went ahead and ordered the new Cree L1. It's a nice light! I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go that route. The very usable low & high settings are probably my favorite feature so far.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Can you lock the L1 into low, or do you have to hold the switch? If you can lock it, I'm getting one! :)
Yes, you can screw the TailCap onto the body so that the low beam is constant-on. If you press the push button you get high output.
If you screw the TailCap on more you get the high output constant-on.

You can unscrew the TailCap so that pressing the button will only ever activate the low beam ("Locking out the high beam"), or unscrew the TailCap sufficiently so that the light can not be activated at all ("it is Locked Out").

Al