WF-800 easy mod into 2 modes

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have WF-800 ordered from DX it originally came with 1 mode switch, upon inspection the switch module/PCB is actually ready for 2 mode switch and a resistor so i replace the original 1 mode with 2 mode switch and 50ohm resistor voila it is now 2 mode flashlight. IMHO for those who owns this light should upgrade into 2 mode because the feature is there but not being use.
I tried 220 and 100 ohm but it is really dim 100ohm is actually usefull for reading but not for walking aroung. I found 50ohm to be bright enough but easy on the eyes while reading. I think 35-45 ohm is the sweet spot but i only have 50ohm lying around.

Switch DX SKU 5604

Thanks.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Hey I actually bought this for another flashlight of mine, How does this switch actually work? Like the two modes? I see three contacts, one obviously being the ground. How does it switch between the two other contacts? Do you switch it on and say it connects to A and then a tap switches it to B, or does it switch on at A and then turn it off and switch it back on it connects to B and goes in a loop like that?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch is click hi->click low->click off type since the low modes is driven by the resistor not in the driver so no tapping to change mode just click-click.