UltraFire 602C problem

metroplex

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an UltraFire 602C from Dealextreme several weeks ago and it finally arrived. This has been the slowest to ship order out of Hong Kong. I've ordered stuff from there and even ordered some LEDs from Singapore which arrived within 1 week. Dealextreme took almost an entire week to actually ship out the order, but nonetheless it finally arrived.

The construction is similar to the Fenix E1, but the problem I found with my 602C was that in order to turn it on, you have to really twist the head to complete the circuit. It's not as smooth as the E1. Has anyone run into the same problem with the 602C? What did you do to fix it?

BTW, I find the brightness of the 602C to be slightly less than that of my Maglite 2xAA TerraLux Extreme, which is impressive for a 1xAAA keychain light!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the problem is in the size of the o-ring (too thick). In my 602C I have changed it using a thinner one from a Fenix spare set. Now the twisting action is much easier but I have probably lost some water tightness.
Because I don't use this light during storms I am not too concerned about that.....:naughty:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja I received my 602C from DX about one week ago. I had already read your posts and tried in it all the AAA batteries I had at home: all of them work perfectly well. :confused:

They are Energizer Lithium, Energizer NimH 800 mAh, Energizer Alkaline, Uniross Hybrio, Duracell Alkaline, etc.

I can't understand it unless somebody at UltraFire had become aware of the problem and made some changes. :thinking: