Duty Light, 8AN/8AX used in past, want something new...

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
As an officer on the night shift, I need a flashlight constantly during work.

In the past, I've used Stingers, the 8AN, the 8AX...and well, I think the 8AN is probably my favorite duty light so far for the belt...

But, Personally I'd much rather have something that is LED based....Oooh, 8AN body with a CREE or Rebel :) ok, back from daydreaming.

What would be your recommendation?

What I'd like to see:

1. Drop in charger, like the Stinger (Don't really like taking battery out to charge it)
2. LED (Cree/Rebel, etc)
3. Something that will fit a Surefire or Streamlight duty belt holster. There are plenty of duty belt holsters out there for stingers or 8AX.
4. No larger than the 8AN/8AX.

What are your recommendations? I have plenty of Fenix lights, Surefires, and others...and I know I can use a Fenix with rechargeable...I have a p3D Rebel 100 right now with recharg. in it...but I'd like something for the duty belt...

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Looks neat actually. Do you know of any reviews with beamshots? I just tried to search but didn't find anything. Going to keep trying.

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I just realized I was mistyping the model number into the search box...been up a long time, sorry for being stupid.

One thing I would like to see is this light on a duty belt. Looks huge.

Which would you guys recommend? The Pelican LAPD, Streamlight LED Stinger, or just the Surefire 8NX?

bouncer

Enlightened
I'd go with the pelican 7060 or if you liked the 8a try surefire's L7 still gotta take battery out to charge though

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello OpticalSerenity,

The 8NX and 8AN come to life with a decent battery pack. They have become some of my favorite work lights.

About a year ago, we put together some NiMh replacement B90 battery packs, and they have worked out very well. I ran out of the particular battery we used for these packs (they are no longer available), but have been doing some testing on other cells. I am hoping to be able to put together some packs in the near future.

You can read about these efforts in the Twice the Run Time and Brighter thread.

The L7 works very well with the stock NiCd pack (and even better with a replacement NiMh pack :) ) and has a very useful beam. I use mine a lot.

If you are looking for something different, the LAPD light seems to have great reviews.

Tom

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
You may want to check my beta test thread in the Peak section in regards to the First Responder Light. The output is very nice and it comes with several battery options. I also believe Wolf-eyes has a multi-Cree light available now that is sure to be well done based on past products.