• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *WITHDRAW* Novatac 120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings!

whc

Enlightened
Update: Since I don't have the time required for these mods in top of work, family, other projects I have decided to withdraw this offer. That said I can still do one now and then upon request, send me a PM to hear if I have the time to do one new or just a update :).

A brand new Novatac 120P/T modded with USW0H LED for 9000+ Lux (120P), UCL Glass Lens with AR Coating, GID O-ring (Glo-Ring), and the spring fix.

DSC04129.JPG

See more about such a mod done here for 120P: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/175807
See more about the spring fix here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/175703
For beamshots go here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2178121&postcount=36

I found that the LED in the Novatacs is not producing as much light as it could, and a mod to a USW0H bin LED can give as much as 3000 Lux more overall output.

To sum up this includes:
Novatac 120P/T
Modding to USW0H natural white tint (guaranteed 9000+ Lux)
UCL Ultra Clear Glass Lens with AR Coating
GID O-ring installed between the lens and reflector
Spring fix, so the spring inside the body will not fall out
QC testing to ensure everything works right

Then pricing is like this:
Novatac 120P/T: qty: 1 = $220 |qty: 2-5 = $210 |qty: 5-10 = $200

Update: I now offer only the LED mod, if you dont need the lens, GID O-ring, Spring fix, then this is for you

To sum up this includes:
Novatac 85P/T or 120P/T
Modding to USW0H natural white tint (guaranteed 9000+ Lux)
QC testing to ensure everything works right

Pricing is like this:
Novatac 85P/T: qty: 1 = $170 |qty: 2-5 = $160 |qty: 5-10 = $150
Novatac 120P/T: qty: 1 = $210 |qty: 2-5 = $200 |qty: 5-10 = $190

The procedure is like this:
1. You select how much you will pay and send that amount to my PayPal account (the payment will not be accepted yet)
2. Lets say you have send $200 then minimum other 4 have send $200 (total 5) then I will place the order for the Novatacs (now the payment will be accepted)
3. I will receive the Novatacs from the seller, and do the mods and testing same day! and then ship out the flashlight at latest the day after they are received.
4. You will receive your bran new modded and improved Novatac, which now it up to 3000 Lux brighter :D.

Update: I can also offer to mod your Novatac if you already own one, either just a LED mod, or LED, lens, o-ring, and spring fix.

Then pricing will be like this:
Novatac 85/120/P/T LED mod = $50
Novatac 85/120/P/T LED, lens, o-ring, spring fix mod = $60

The procedure is like this:
1. You place your order by sending founds by PayPal
2. You ship the flashlight you want modded to me
3. When I receive the flashlight I will do the mod within 1 day and ship it back within 2 days
4. You will receive a much brighter Novatac with up to 3000 Lux more overall output :D

All prices includes shipping, please ADD $9 for registred mail with tracking. You have to cover the shipping to me, and I will cover the shipping return. I only need the flashlight, no need to include battery or clip.

I will not be held responsible loss or damage, once handed to post office. Warranty by the original manufacturer may be void as a result of these modifications, I cannot be held responsible for any defects in material and workmanship from these modifications and/or from original manufacturer.

All flashlights will be put through a series of Quality Control testing (QC) before shipped to the buyer, these tests includes a runtime test, testing of brightness through out this runtime test, heat testing to ensure the flashlight dos not overheat, LED testing to ensure it does not loose output or change colour within this runtime, this all to ensure the LED is proper mounted to the heat sink.

Or you can order by PayPal send me a PM if interrested.

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Novatac 85/120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings - New Prices!

Update, now taking orders...

jcompton

Enlightened
Re: FS: Novatac 85/120P/T modded with USW0H, UCL lens, and GID O-rings - New Prices!

How about some beam shots of the 85 modded vs. 120 modded? Stock vs modded?

:thumbsup:

Groundhog66

Banned

Just a heads up....Might not be the best idea to ask for payment in full before you start, you should probably be supplying the hosts with your own initial investment. Things like this tend to get ugly on occasion, just MY opinion of course.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I to would love to see a comparison between a 120p VS 120p mod out side shot if it looks like i think it will I'm in.:thumbsup:

whc

Enlightened

I to would love to see a comparison between a 120p VS 120p mod out side shot if it looks like i think it will I'm in.:thumbsup:
Sorry have not made such beam shots (yet), but the difference between the two is huge IMO, just am amazed about the overall improvement just a LED can produce.

whc

Enlightened

Just a heads up....Might not be the best idea to ask for payment in full before you start, you should probably be supplying the hosts with your own initial investment. Things like this tend to get ugly on occasion, just MY opinion of course.

Have thought about that, but am a little concerned about like buying 10 Novatacs and then not be able to get them sold! This way the buyer has already paid, and no concern about having 10 Novatacs in my drawer to collect dust, that I put money into which I cannot collect…

But then again, if 5-10 buyers is interested, I can make a "pre-order" list for them, then I can put out the money myself, buy the Novatacs, mod, test and then collect payment before I ship out, I am open for ideas :)...?

I can even open a Webshop, and buyers can make orders directly from this Webshop?

faiz23

Newly Enlightened

I have done business with WHC and i 100% trust him with my money. we had some issues come up and he ate the cost of paypal and shipping and refunded my full amount. A+++++ in my book.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello whc:)

Don't to forget, be sure that you are not responsible for warranty claims beside your work, because I could imagine that the Novatac-warranty will fail due to your service.

Good luck and best regards

_____
Tom

DM51

Flashaholic

whc, if you did them one at a time it might be a bit slower, but you wouldn't have to ask for pre-pay and you wouldn't have too much money tied up in stock either. Just a thought.

To others: I have bought one of whc's mods from him before, not this but a different mod, and his work is excellent.

gostanova

Newly Enlightened

whc;
I may become your first customer for this Novatac mod on my 120t, please pm me your shipping address so we can start the process!

jcompton

Enlightened

Sorry no beamshots yet, but is the same just brighter :D.

It has been rumored that other then the addition of the 22nd level and the bin of the emitter, the 85 and 120 are exactly the same... I could be wrong, but wouldn't that mean that there is no reason to purchase the 120 over the 85 since you will be swapping the emitter anyway and they should have the same output on "MAX"? :thinking:

If this is the case (and beam shots would confirm the validity of this reasoning) it would not only save the end purchaser $40.00, but it would also reduce the amount of $$$ out of pocket for you until the build has been paid for. :naughty:

whc

Enlightened

Hello whc:)

Don't to forget, be sure that you are not responsible for warranty claims beside your work, because I could imagine that the Novatac-warranty will fail due to your service.

Good luck and best regards

_____
Tom
Thanks for the info, will work on some conditions to cover this issue :).

whc

Enlightened

whc, if you did them one at a time it might be a bit slower, but you wouldn't have to ask for pre-pay and you wouldn't have too much money tied up in stock either. Just a thought.

To others: I have bought one of whc's mods from him before, not this but a different mod, and his work is excellent.
All comes down to shipping costs, if I just ordered one shipping to Denmark is minimum $13 or $22 express, but if I order like 5 the shipping cost is $26 express, that is like $5.2 shipping cost each, that is another price :D.

whc

Enlightened

It has been rumored that other then the addition of the 22nd level and the bin of the emitter, the 85 and 120 are exactly the same... I could be wrong, but wouldn't that mean that there is no reason to purchase the 120 over the 85 since you will be swapping the emitter anyway and they should have the same output on "MAX"? :thinking:

If this is the case (and beam shots would confirm the validity of this reasoning) it would not only save the end purchaser $40.00, but it would also reduce the amount of $$$ out of pocket for you until the build has been paid for. :naughty:
I can't say for sure, since I have not had an 85P to test on, a way was to measure the current at the emitter on maximum on both 85 and 120, and see if the emitter on the 120 gets more current. Another test is to measure the overall output, put in the same emitter/bin in both flashlights and test overall output if they are about the same, though have not done such tests since I don't own a 85P.

My guess is though that the 85/P/T modded with USW0H will perform close to the stock 120P/T, if the overall improvements are as big as it is on the 120P.

Groundhog66

Banned

I apologize if it seems like I am being negative, but it seems there is more research to be done before you get underway. To mod a single light and expect there to be a guaranteed pattern might be a bit of a stretch, and never having tried it on an 85? :thinking:

whc

Enlightened

I apologize if it seems like I am being negative, but it seems there is more research to be done before you get underway. To mod a single light and expect there to be a guaranteed pattern might be a bit of a stretch, and never having tried it on an 85? :thinking:
I have done this mod several times, not a problem for me to do at all. All Novatacs I have tested never exceeds 7500 Lux overall (stock), and all I have modded has at least had 9000 Lux, also another user did the same mod, and god about the same results (unrelated).

Modding an 85P/T is the same as modding a 120P/T, and should be the same exact driver, just with different/limited UI on the 85 series.