The Making of a battery holder

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
p1010464hp9.jpg

All started with one saturday afternoon drawing with some compasses. There is no return from there onwards, All the tools brought into action. Didn't know that its that difficult to make this battery holder, A lot of thinking and planning, alignment , measure two times then make a cut. Soldering the copper rod was a PITA. Next time I will get a lathe to make things round. Tonight I assemble the whole unit and it works!. Need to find a copper dome for the positive pole. Enjoy! Thanks for viewing.
blueprintxd1.jpg

coppercontactonplansh2.jpg

p1010465vv0.jpg

p1010461xc8.jpg

p1010471kt1.jpg

p1010475wv9.jpg

p1010474jq5.jpg

p1010476av6.jpg

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow: You gave that poor Dremel quite a workout making this battery holder, eh? :eek:oo: :D Very nice job and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Ken

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
:wow: You gave that poor Dremel quite a workout making this battery holder, eh? :eek:oo: :D Very nice job and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Ken

Dremel is still working but making some funny sound. Will dismantle it to look at the inside.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you should consider making some to sell...plus if you could make some to work in parallel connection, that would be unique because no one seems to make a parallel battery in that configuration.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Dremel is still working but making some funny sound. Will dismantle it to look at the inside.

there are two "plugs" with coinslots on the Dremel, remove them, they are the "brushes" for the rotor. You can buy cheap plug and play replacements at any dremel dealer. They dont last that long under sustained use, and are designed for field replacement.

nice batt holder!

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
there are two "plugs" with coinslots on the Dremel, remove them, they are the "brushes" for the rotor. You can buy cheap plug and play replacements at any dremel dealer. They dont last that long under sustained use, and are designed for field replacement.

nice batt holder!

Its not the carbon brushes, I know about the blue color coinslots. Be careful about the orientation after you remove them to check. Putting it back incorrectly will need to run in the carbon brushes again. I cleaned up the armature and the sound was gone. Thanks for the advice:party:

Last edited:

Bushman5

Enlightened
off topic, sorry, but what did you use to clean the armature, contact cleaner or fine steel wool?

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
Snip - very nice job. let us know how it holds up.

Bush ... err Bushman - thanks for that tip on the Dremel fix.

Yesterday I loaded the batteries and went to play, the battery holder operated very well.:laughing: