Cree LED in ARC-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules771

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a ARC-LS which I just love. Unfortunately I bought a Fenix P1D a little while ago and that thing really shows up my ARC.

Is there any way to change out the LED in the ARC for one of the new Cree's? If so, what Cree would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

best,
j

jules771

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,

I've been trying but the search feature in the Arc forum and the mod forum doesn't seem to work.

Any specific advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again,
j

paulr

Flashaholic
Hmm, I see search is acting up, I'd say try it again later. You could also just look over the old threads on the mod forum, or start another one over there, though the Arc modders also hang out on this forum so they'll likely see this thread. Try searching the mod forum for threads with "arc ls" in the title and you'll find lots of good ones.

jules771

Newly Enlightened
Great,

Thanks for your help, I'm already finding some useful info.

thanks again,
j

mahoney

Enlightened
Just IMO, but putting a Cree in an LS is non-trivial if you want to use the original board (it's not the right shape, the contacts don't line up,...). Putting a Seoul in is not too hard though and is a very usefull upgrade, especially if you swap out the optic for a McR18S.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Earlier tonight I put a Soeul P4 into mine. It mounts very easily onto the origianal board. The Cree would be difficult to mount. I'm using the IMS reflector and I'm quite satisfied with the results. Should also mention that some time ago I also added a resistor onto the spare pads to increase the current to aprox. 667ma. IMHO this light with a twisty, current boost, and LED upgrade is still a light that has few rivals.

cheers,

zwf

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Seoul *is* a better fit for the Arc LS. I can't remember who I did the mods for but I actually reduced the current to the LED to get more runtime on two of the mods I did. They're probably a bit brighter than the stock Lux I Q bin (remember those :D ) at about ~200mA but the thing probably ran over four hours in regulation. Since everyone is driving the crap out of LED's these days and damned be the runtime, those lights also had few rivals in the runtime department among single level lights.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
CM modded my Arc LS-H with an S bin Lux 1 last year before the Cree's and Seoul's came out. I had him reduce the amps to led to 250mA's and I got 4 hours flat runtime (bounce with lightmeter) using a Streamlight CR123.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.