A2 aviator "digital plus series"

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so sorry if this has been asked before but could not find an answer. What does this exactly mean ? is a four sided square body guaranteed in this light ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
"Digital Plus" is the name of the Series of flashlights to which the A2 belongs.
Originally intended to be the first of several, the A2 is the only member of the series actually released.

I guess it means "Digital [incandescent regulation] Plus [3 LED's]"

The name was changed at the advent of production from "Digital Fusion" to "Digital Plus" because 'Fusion' is used in the flashlight industry already.

I have a pre-production proto-type A2 (the grey one) that escaped SureFire before the change...
P33.jpg

Current A2 bodies are curved tri-panel style rather than the old flat four-panel style, so no, it can not be guaranteed that you'll get an old version since the change was made quite a while ago.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Al, but the new round style body with three sides does not have "digital plus series" engraved do they ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks Al, but the new round style body with three sides does not have "digital plus series" engraved do they ?
Don't know. I guess it only matters if you have your heart set on having "digital plus series" laser etched on the body. Personally I'm not fussed.

Al

planex

Newly Enlightened
No, my A2 with the rounded sides only has "A2 Aviator" on one side.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies guys, but actually my questioning has EVERYTHING to do with my marked preference for the four sided square body. It looks cooler IMO and I´ve noticed it is also linked to this engraving.

DM51

Flashaholic
I agree, I prefer the 4-flat-sided old-style ones too. The ones in this photo are all old-style:
A2cigars-2.jpg

Sometimes the engraving on flat-sided ones is a little different:
Porcupine1.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
DM, you're only the second CPF'er I know of who owns a blue LED A2 (and the other guy had his on sale or sent it in for a mod, can't remember how it ended).

I also prefer the square A2 bodies.

DM51

Flashaholic
DM, you're only the second CPF'er I know of who owns a blue LED A2 (and the other guy had his on sale or sent it in for a mod, can't remember how it ended).

I also prefer the square A2 bodies.
I have a variety of different-colored Aviatrix rings on order with that crazy ol' Bird, and after I've changed some of the ones that are white at the moment, the blue one may be the next to get a new ring - I don't really see much use for blue light, although it is good for showing up blood trails (blood looks shiny black under a blue light).

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, I prefer the 4-flat-sided old-style ones too. The ones in this photo are all old-style:
A2cigars-2.jpg

Porcupine1.jpg

Duly observed Sir!!

I'd really like one of those four sided ones please.

Brozneo

Enlightened
A2cigars-2.jpg

Porcupine1.jpg

DAMN I love your A2 collection - a nice variety with 2-3 Black A2's in there!!!!

Different colour for each day (I mean night) of the week?

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL. This looks like it is now going to turn into a "how many blue A2s are there?" thread.

strideredc

Enlightened
"Digital Plus" is the name of the Series of flashlights to which the A2 belongs.
Originally intended to be the first of several, the A2 is the only member of the series actually released.

the question is will surefire make anymore regulated lighst? and if not why not?

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
the question is will surefire make anymore regulated lighst? and if not why not?
I respectfully suggest your question should have been:
'will surefire make anymore regulated incandescent lights? and if not why not?'
SureFire are extremely unlikely to release any other regulated incandescent lights. This is because they are concentrating on LED-technology and HID-technology, and have been doing so for a number of years.

greenLED

Flashaholic
LOL. This looks like it is now going to turn into a "how many blue A2s are there?" thread.
:devil:

One blue LED A2 here!!! Now, how many is that on this thread...

That'd be 4 by my count, plus Al's 2 LED rings. If those are in their respective A2's, then the total would be 6.

Didn't somebody do a poll about A2 LED colors a looooong while back? :thinking: If not, we should have one.

Latest posts