SF A2

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
From what I have been reading, it sounds like this is the best light that Sf ever made. Would this be a good walk in the woods light?

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, It's regulated Incandescent bulb should deliver maximum outdoot color rendition.
Pocketable, light, bright, and the low level Is plenty bright for finding your way back on dark nights.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an A2; it's a good light. It won't knock your socks off initially, but with more usage you realize what a good design it is.

The broad, wide LED beam is good for walking, and run time on LED mode is 15+ hrs. The incandescent beam facilitates target recognition amidst foliage.

That said, I usually don't use my A2 for night walks, simply because it's not rechargeable. Rather I usually use my HDS U60 (modified by Milkyspit with an SSC P4 emitter). It has multiple brightness levels and is easily rechargeable.

The A2 is a very good light, but if I had the choice of a single light in that price range, I'd probably pick a Novatac 120P: http://www.novatac.com/

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

I had an A2 and it was a very good light: as mentioned the incandescent bulb will illuminate the outdoors nicely.

For walks, I often use a Surefire U2 (Leef 18650, body for rechargeable).

The 5w LED has a flood type beam that I prefer and (2) levels.

Good Luck with your flashlights and walks!!

Black SureFire A2 and E1e (Black is rather rare) and U2 With Milky body and non stock tailcap.

67930487-M.jpg
150810369-M.jpg

cslinger

Enlightened
I have an A2; it's a good light. It won't knock your socks off initially, but with more usage you realize what a good design it is.

Other than the technology inside of it the A2 is not one of those WOW your friends lights. It is, however, quite possibly one of the best illumination TOOLS you will ever use. It is so good at a great many things. It is most definitely one of those if I could only have one flashlight, flashlights.

Now if all you are after is WOW or are a great white wall hunter then the A2 is not your light. If you are after a superior illumination tool then do not walk, run to your nearest EBAY/Surefire dealer.

Brozneo

Enlightened
The A2 is a great functional light as others have said above. My personal preference for 'bushwalks' is to have quite abit of light instead of keeping my night vision, so the A2 doesn't quite cut it for me for night bush walks (if using LEDs only!)