ARC-AAA Premium Edition DS (Pre Order)

Optik49

Enlightened
Arc-AAA Premium Edition (DS Pre-order)

Just thought I would share my most recent purchase. I haven't bought an ARC AAA before because I did not think it would be bright enough for my needs. 9 lumens seems like it will do the trick though. :thumbsup:

Minimum Output9 LumensMinimum Runtime (alkaline)5 hours to 50% light
$44.95 - [Pre-order Now]

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I waited on the list for the original AAA-P, and for the time they were nice. But at this price for the few X-tra lumens I think I'll pass. Maybe I'll be persuaded if the price drops 10 bucks or so... which isn't likely. Maybe I'll be in for the next, next new edition!

planex

Newly Enlightened
9-10 lumens sounds about perfect to me. Can't wait to get mine either.

Lincoln

Newly Enlightened
There is a place to insert a "coupon code" on the order site. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a coupon code to complete the pre-order?

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
ARC is a great well made AAA led without any doubt. I have a few first and second gen ARCs stashed in my dresser drawer...

However, bang for buck and with an assortment of different brightness levels, I'm really really impressed with my new Fenix LOD CE Rebel (1-AAA) with new orange peel reflector coating. It's hard to believe how bright this mini torch really is for EDC. On high setting it's brighter than my three cell maglight. The maglight is only good as a billyclub !

Again, I respect ARC AAA's and am not really making a comparison, rather stating my preference for an EDC.

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC is a great well made AAA led without any doubt. I have a few first and second gen ARCs stashed in my dresser drawer...

However, bang for buck and with an assortment of different brightness levels, I'm really really impressed with my new Fenix LOD CE Rebel (1-AAA) with new orange peel reflector coating. It's hard to believe how bright this mini torch really is for EDC. On high setting it's brighter than my three cell maglight. The maglight is only good as a billyclub !

Again, I respect ARC AAA's and am not really making a comparison, rather stating my preference for an EDC.

Rockin' in the USA
huh.

so what is your purpose for your no-comparing comparison?

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I pre-ordered (3) of these myself, however I must say that I'm a bit skeptical. I'm fearful the increase in brightness is not going to be noticable ot the human eye and we'll pretty much end up with the 2x brand Arc-P. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure you'll notice an increase in output.

5-6lm to 9-11lm, pretty big jump.

Anywho, My Arc aaa-p was always bright enough for my indoor tasks.
This should be better. :twothumbs

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I jumped on it right away. One of the finest lights ever made just got brighter. My Arc AAA-P is one of the most satisfying lights that I own.

I would, however, gladly plop down some more coin if Arc would produce a mizer version (sorry for stealing the name Don) of the light with the new emitter. I would love the same output as the AAA-P but with more runtime.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!

I'm glad I held off buying a few more spares!

Anybody know what DS stands for?

kelmo

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very interested in the beam color. My Arc AAA premium is very blue. When I show it to friends they think it's a blue led light. I know later on, the color rendition improved on the AAA premium but there is no way I would pre-order this until I knew more.

Also I am very happy still with my miller modded Arc AAA.

h2xblive

Enlightened
I jumped on it right away. One of the finest lights ever made just got brighter. My Arc AAA-P is one of the most satisfying lights that I own.

I would, however, gladly plop down some more coin if Arc would produce a mizer version (sorry for stealing the name Don) of the light with the new emitter. I would love the same output as the AAA-P but with more runtime.

I agree.

I don't carry my Arc-P everywhere I go so I can have a bright light. I carry it because it's a "survival" light that is very reliable. I think long runtimes go hand in hand with reliability (in my view) rather than more light and reliability. This is because the Arc-P is a keychain light that I may need if I'm stranded somewhere. If i need more light, I'll carry my Seoul P4 MiniMag or whatever.

Yet, I'm still tempted to buy this new Arc-P...

:broke:

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pre-ordered 2. I've wanted to get a few "spares" for a while and this sealed the deal. The 5.5 lumen version is perfect and I shall continue to carry mine everyday. The "9" will be a survival kit light!

This is cool!!!