Fenix L2D-CE with Lithiums?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure this has been asked before, but due too the search feature blowing up (It's not a bug, it is a feature as programmers would say) I cannot find a thing.

ANYWAY has anyone tried Lithium AA cells in Fenix L2D-CE? They start pretty high at almost 1.8V, will this damage the circuit?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thats all i run in mine it's perfectly safe to use them run time is more that double on lithiums than on standard cells

Delta

Enlightened
Thats all i run in mine it's perfectly safe to use them run time is more that double on lithiums than on standard cells

Any idea exactly how much more than double? I only use Energizer E2s in my L2D as well. I kept playing with it every night, trying to get the dang thing to run out. It was just like that energizer bunny....it kept going, and going....

I eventually swapped out the cells because I figured they HAD to almost be dead, even though it was still pumping out the usual amount of light on turbo.

meuge

Enlightened
I am sure this has been asked before, but due too the search feature blowing up (It's not a bug, it is a feature as programmers would say) I cannot find a thing.

ANYWAY has anyone tried Lithium AA cells in Fenix L2D-CE? They start pretty high at almost 1.8V, will this damage the circuit?

I've run my L2DCE on lithiums on a couple of occasions... but I find that lithiums are an expense that is better left for emergencies or truly critical applications.

While the runtime on lithiums is something like 2X-5X the runtime on alkalines (the higher the drain, the worse alkalines fare)... the runtime differences between NiMH and lithiums are nowhere near that magnitude (up to 30% or so).

Since 1 lithium battery costs as much as 1 Sanyo Eneloop NiMH rechargeable battery, I find that it's better for both the environment and my wallet, to use rechargeables.

That being said, I do have a couple of 4-packs of Lithium AAs for those times when I need to use my batteries in extreme conditions... or just need a very reliable source of power.

crislight01

Newly Enlightened
find that it's better for both the environment and my wallet, to use rechargeables.
I agree the environment factor should be really given into consideration, i run my
LD2 CE with duracell 2.65Ah ni-mh and Maha Powerex 2.7Ah ni-mh, the Maha Ni-mh are very good and the Duracell are average to good.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
"Fenhttp://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=155819&highlight=l2dix try this

Last edited:

Bort

Newly Enlightened
While the runtime on lithiums is something like 2X-5X the runtime on alkalines (the higher the drain, the worse alkalines fare)... the runtime differences between NiMH and lithiums are nowhere near that magnitude (up to 30% or so).

Since 1 lithium battery costs as much as 1 Sanyo Eneloop NiMH rechargeable battery, I find that it's better for both the environment and my wallet, to use rechargeables.
+1

I use my L2D ce every day at work, and would not want the expense of Lithium primaries, Eneloops work great for me, and I drain about 4 cells per week, and that includes using the light at home, and on the weekends.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run my L2DCE on lithiums on a couple of occasions... but I find that lithiums are an expense that is better left for emergencies or truly critical applications.

That being said, I do have a couple of 4-packs of Lithium AAs for those times when I need to use my batteries in extreme conditions... or just need a very reliable source of power.

I do the same. NiMh but lithium backup if the application demands it.

(In emergency stashes where I expect three, four , five years to pass before I might need to use the light, I store the light with lithiums. Ziplock bag the emplty flashlight and then toss the flashlight and two sets of lithiums in a second ziplock baggy. The flashlight is always protected from the batteries and double protected from the environment.