Is there coffee in this Cafe?

Qoose

Enlightened
I'm starting to get bored with my usual coffee orders. There are more options for coffee than there are coffee shops in Seattle.

This is the cafe after all. What do you guys order, and what do you recommend?

greenstuffs

Banned
I go starbucks and ask Sean Penn to make me a double latte expresso with whip cream and caramel... for the unbelievable low price of $5.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always get a cafe latte, either hot or cold, whenever I go to a cafe. I used to get cappuccinos, but lattes seem like a better deal, because you basically get the same thing, only your cup is full of the coffee drink, and not half full of the coffee drink and the other half topped with foam (steamed and frothed milk). If not that, then it's a chai tea latte, either hot or cold. I try to stay away from the chai, now, though, because they're loaded with sugar. With the lattes or the cappuccinos, I just add my own, which isn't very much.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Any coffee, as long as it is strong enough to dissolve the spoon I'm using to stir in the little bit of sugar I add to prevent the stuff from making my taste buds rip themselves loose from the inside of my mouth and run away screaming.

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast

at sweetmatias's order a Back to Basic stainless steel popcorn popper for $35+- and a few pounds of green beans..(if you already have a little krups or braun type whirly blade chopper grinding the beans is taken care of.)

I roast a pound at a time in it, but you should start out at a half pound. Turn the handle for fifteen minutes over a medium-low flame and you'll have the best cup of your life ever. Try a pound of Yemen Moka Sana-ani. ;)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Try Nescafe's Classico instant. Use a heaping spoonful. Now that's good drinking.

What's Starbucks?

Geoff

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Only Kopi Luwak (wiki it)

:lolsign: So just what are you supposed to dunk in that?

Don't waste your money on this coffee. No matter how you roast it or brew it, it tastes like sh**.

OK, seriously I have to recommend that coffee lovers give one of these a try. They work well with a medium-dark roast such as full city or Vienna. One of my favorites is Trader Joe's Sumatra.

Last edited:

WNG

Enlightened
When out, I order a cafe latte when I'm in an Italian establishment.
8 out of 10 times, it's done right.

Starbuck's? Not unless you like the taste of burnt beans.
Dunkin' Donuts on a desperate late night.
I prefer Cafe Depot when it comes to coffee chains.

Best tasting cup of coffee I had to date was at a cafe in the Latin Quarter of Montreal. Strong, bold and rich with flavor. I think it was Ethiopian coffee.

At home, it's simply a dark/French roast and filtered water for my Delonghi drip coffee,espresso maker.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything at all.
In the rare occasions when I drink coffee I do it to keep awake, not for the taste. I see it in the same way as I see medicines: awful taste but occasionally necessary.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Fallingwater. I like coffee, but very rarely drink it "out".

If I need a kick, there's generic caffeine pills (250mg) available at Walgreens, etc (same as NoDoz at 1/4 the price). Used to keep some in the vehicles, but don't do those long hauls anymore. Most colas have about as much caffeine as a regular cup of coffee.

Speaking of caffeine, the darker the roast the less caffeine.

Last edited:

WNG

Enlightened
I actually drink it for its taste these days. But did get started on it just to stay awake through my college years. And IMO, like a lot of Americans, my palette was ignorant of what a good cup of coffee is.
Sadly, most Americans today still don't know what good coffee is supposed to taste like given what is accepted at most places and households.
As my (Italian) girlfriend labeled American coffee...the brown water left over from washing your dirty socks.
LOL!
Maybe that's why some perceive it as 'medicine' or just a caffeine shot to stay awake. Less of something to be savored, and more of a needed ritual.

But we've come a long way.

It is an acquired taste though.