• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Battery Packs Made to Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Custom NiMH Battery Packs Made

***Click on Thumbnail Images***

All packs use new Eneloop 2000mAh AA, Elite 1500mAh 2/3A, Elite 1700mAh AA, which I believe are the highest performing/quality cells I have found. I can use other other cells as requested, and have typical "D Cell" contact ends like shown in the images, except I'm mostly using white shrink now. Each battery pack includes one free pair of my red/black magnet charging leads as shown.

Packs are welded together with 5mil nickel contact strips,adequate for up to 30+ Amp sustained draw. Once assembled, each pack is discharged to 1.0 V per cell, then a slow (0.1C) conditioning charge is applied for 15 hrs. Pack is then rested, discharged and recharged until full at 0.6C. Eneloop packs are simply charged, as they do not need conditioning.

Payment will be requested by PM when pack is ready to ship, since I may need to obtain new cells. Please don't pre-pay. Just so it is no secret, I am generally trying to keep my labor and welder overhead charge to about $18-22 above my costs when I make these, and I am meticulous with details, so this is more of a fun service to the CPF community.

Despite my conditioning, bad cells can develop at any time, as such I will warranty these packs from defects or bad cells for 3 weeks after you receive them, so please test them out. You pay return shipping and receive new pack. This does not include not fitting in the wrong specified length mag, or one that is not adequately bored out.

Prices include $5 Shipping with U.S. Priority Mail in USA with Delivery Confirmation. (Deduct $2 shipping discount for each additional pack in same shipment).

PayPal only (Add 3% of total if PayPal credit card is used --Contact me if unable to use PayPal).

Shipping ouside of USA on case by case basis, and deduct $5 postage from above prices, but then international shipping must be calculated by weight using the USPS.com website (online rates), you can choose "First Class" or "Priority Mail" once I tell you the weight. (Note: First Class does not have tracking.

Recommended Charger: There is a whole selection of affordable NiMH chargers listed here. The image above is of 9.8 to 18V (nominal) "Universal" charger which can be used up to a 15 cell pack. Once you go to 15 cells, you then need a so called "Hobby" charger that can handle higher cell/volt/amp. I can recommend the Hyperion 1210i (from www.cheapbatterypacks.com) or Tritons which are listed here...but shop around. If you are going to get a new hobby charger, try to find one that does Lithium Ions & the new A123 Saphion LiFePO4 cells.

----------------------------------------------------
Elite 1500mAh 2/3A cells
For 2D host (tribore configuration)
  • 10.8V ( 9 cells) $51 (can fit in 1.5 or 2D - specify which)
  • 13.2V (11 cells) $58
  • 14.4V (12 cells) $62
  • 15.6V (13 cells) $67 (Has cell built in tailcap with spring - You need to remove inside tailcap anodize/paint)
For 3D Host (tribore configuration)
  • 16.8V (14 cells) $70
  • 18.0V (15 cells) $74
  • 19.2V (16 cells) $78
AA cells for 2D or 3D can be made in tri or quad width stacks. Specify your need for a quote. Here are some prices with Elite 1700mAh & Eneloop AA's based on requests (includes $5 Priority Shipping to USA). Note:
3 wide fit stock Mag; but 4 wide need quad bore configuration (some 4 wide AA packs can fit in deep tri-bore)

Elite 1700 mAh AA cells
For FiveMega Elephant Host
  • 8.4V (7 cells in round config; no bore needed) $50
For 1D Host
  • 4.8V (4 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $26 (Shipped via First Class to USA; $29 if Priority requested)
For 2D Host
  • 7.2V (6 cells in tri config) $48
  • 9.6V (8 cells in quad config) $55
  • 10.8 (8 cells in quad config + 9th 4/5 SubC in tailcap) $62 (Has contact strips/spring, but you need to remove inside tailcap anodizing/paint)
For 3D Host (4 wide needs Quad Bore)
  • 10.8V (9 cells - 3 wide - no boring needed) $58
  • 13.2V (11 cells - 4 wide-1 dummy) $65
  • 14.4V (12 cells - 4 wide) $68
  • 15.6V (12 cells - 4 wide + 13th 1700mAh 4/5 SubC in tailcap) $73 (Has contact strips/spring, but you need to remove inside tailcap anodizing/paint)
For 4D Host (4 wide needs Quad Bore)
  • 14.4V (12 cells - 3 wide) $68
  • 15.6V (12 cells - 3 wide + 13th 1700mAh 4/5 SubC) $75
  • 16.8V (14 cells - 4 wide) $75
  • 19.2V (16 cells - 4 wide) $82
Eneloop 2000mAh AA
For 1D Host
  • 4.8V (4 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $24 (Shipped via First Class to USA; $26 if Priority requested)
For 2D Host:
  • 7.2V (6 cells in tri config; no bore needed) $42
  • 8.4V (7 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $44
  • 9.6V (8 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $46
For 3D Host
  • 10.8V (9 cells in tri config; no bore needed) $50
Charging Magnet Leads - (These use powerful Neodymium Magnets with red/black 16AWG carefully soldered so magnet remains intact.)
  • Free set of Magnet Leads included with pack orders above.
  • Separate set of (red & black) charging magnet leads shown above, $6 (shipped First Class Mail to USA ONLY).

Last edited:

Artisan Bill

Newly Enlightened
Hi Luxluthor,

It is great to see that your battery welder is being put to good use. I have been thinking of putting together a Mag 85 so these battery packs may come in handy.

I am sure that this offer will be very well received by CPF:party::thumbsup: I wish you more demand than you need

kiely23+

Enlightened
Hi Lux,
great offers...;)
Question: wich bulbs can i use with this packs:
16.8V (14 cells)
18.0V (15 cells)
19.2V (16 cells)
Thanks...

(btw: if this help, I have a AWR Hotdriver. It is set to 11.0v! But I don´t know how i can adjust it to higher output?! :confused:)

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hi Lux,

just a question, but you have access to the weld machinery for cells?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Thanks for everyone's support.

Toglud (& others outside USA): I don't mind shipping outside the USA, I'm just not sure of an economical way to ship, so the price doesn't jack way up. I have a $5 postage built into the prices for Priority Mail USA with delivery confirmation, so that would reduce the international postage. These packs weigh about a pound with packing. It seems that 1st Class Airmail is the cheapest, but doesn't have tracking, so I guess I should have you guys choose which way for me to send it (I use online postage). Here are rates to Denmark for 1 pound ($19.00). Then here is at 2 pounds ($22.80). It is the same to all European countries.

Also, deduct $5 for 2nd pack if sent together.

kiely23+ you can still use the "Torch" 64623 for up to 13 NiMH cells. Once you move into 14 cells you need to start looking at the 64458 bulb unless you still have a lot of built in resistance in your flashlight. The problem with the AWR Hotdriver is he has the FET doing too much power dissipation, and last I heard (even with the "high power 100W models) they were not holding up to the 50-100W bulbs. I would recommend you use it for lower power (<50W) demand bulbs. You adjust the voltage with a screwdriver in the two holes (one is coarse and other fine adjusting) with straight paper clip legs in each bipin hole and use DMM. Turn off light switch while adjusting.

flex76italy, yeah I got a battery pack welder from Sunstone engineering, and have made about 15-20 packs for myself and others.

I just made an 11 x Elite 1700mAh AA cells for a 3D mag that was Tribored, which had quad cell width (3 stacks of 4 cells with one a dummy cell) which is going to be used with a USL type bulb like the 62138 or 64625

I just finished making a 21 x Elite 1700mAh AA (3 stacks of 7) Osram 64655 in a Chrome Elephant with extender tube. I'm calling this the "Hyperblaster," (see pics) and it goes to the top of the list.

Last edited:

addictedmatt

Enlightened
I received one of these packs from Lux last week. It works perfectly, and is very well made. I couldn't be happier! Thanks again Lux!:twothumbs

Bushman5

Enlightened
Hi LuxLuthor, any chance of making us Magcharger fans a NiMH battery pack?

Nebula

Enlightened
Lux - the standard MagCharger uses a 6V Nicad pack. The body is 12 19/32" L, and 1 19/16" in Dia. The body is not borded so that leaves out a 4 across arrangement. Of course you COULD always go with one of these_
reanodized red M*gCharger with grooved head, crossed outside body, tri-bored inside body and shortened to 2D to use with 6xA
(Holder Comes with it) or even 6AA (battery hoder not included)
Pic is here. I definately want a pack built for this beauty.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132125&highlight=red+M*gCharger (SEE LIGHT AT POST #25)

Kirk

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing this Lux....I will need some battery packs shortly....good luck...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Hi Lux,
I will take the $ 19 Priority Mail® International shipping option.

Torben.

Torben, I will make your pack tonight and start conditioning it tomorrow. Look for PM. With the $5 credit for US mail, your shipping will be $14 above my listed price, or $76 shipped. It still kills me that international shipping from USA is so damn high!!! :crazy:

Nebula, I'm not sure what you need with stock MagCharger vs. that red custom one which apparently had an FM battery holder with it? I'm at a disadvantage not having one, and not knowing its charging contact points, NiCad vs. NiMH, 6V vs. 7.2V, etc.

Scythe_rr

Newly Enlightened
Lux,

I'd like 2 14.4v "Torch" battery packs please.
Thanks for doing this, it's an absolute godsend.
Would you be willing to do a 7.2v 6xCBP1650 pack?

Mike

Nebula

Enlightened
Lux - sorry it was late when I typed that. My plan (inartfully carried out) was to provide the measurements for the stock Magcharger in the off chance that it would help in determining whether you could build a battery pack without the light in hand. I can always send my stock Magcharger to custom fit a pack. Let me know via PM if you would like me to send it out.

In addition, I am very interested in having a pack built for the Red FM Magcharger that I just picked up today. It has a shortened, tri-bored body. I can send the FM battery holder if it will help in building a battery pack.

If you agree to build the packs, I will sort the bulb details and get back to you via PM.

Thanks.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts