• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired So...where is Leef?

Leef

Enlightened
Sorry for being so remote, guys. I'm immersed in two huge projects that have taken up all my time, energy and attention -- moving my house and shop, and finishing building a Baja prerunner truck for my son's racing team (truck has to be delivered by 1 Nov.). :eek:

So, contrary to possible rumors, I'm not dead, incapacitated, drunk, crazy (well...), uninterested, out to lunch, kidnapped by al Queda, abducted by aliens, nor gone over to the dark side (working for Eveready?).

The second half of the 100 Gothams are still at the plater and the BigLeef System bodies are under construction. And more C-C and C-M bodies are planned.

Sorry again -- hang in there!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear it - moving is really a morning to midnite job. Not to add to your work load but I know a lot of people were talking about wanting an 18650 tube for the new Novatac - which since the tailcap is removable means it just needs to be a tube threaded on both ends. I'm not sure if there is more to it (maybe a spring needed? ) but I wanted to ask if you have thought about making these or had requests on it.

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
i too would be intrested and a bunch of other folks aswell for a novatac 18650 tube or even a 14500 anything larger than 1 rcr123. good luck at the races with your kid.

thank you

DM51

Flashaholic
So, contrary to possible rumors, I'm not dead, incapacitated, drunk, crazy (well...), uninterested, out to lunch, kidnapped by al Queda, abducted by aliens, nor gone over to the dark side (working for Eveready?).
What a reLeef to hear this!

Rommul

Enlightened
The market sorely need a a surefire compatible turbo head that can be used with off the shelf bulbs while allowing the replacement of the reflectors and lenses in case bulbs explode.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
RC or full scale Leef?
My RCs on A123s are unbelievable!!!!!
Looking forward to the BigLeef stuff...

You lost me on this "My RCs on A123s are unbelievable!!!!!" - you aren't talking about those new A123 Nanotech Li-ion batteries are you? So as not to hijack this thread I'm sending a PM.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
With the advent of more and more P60 size LED drop-ins, how about making an E to C adapter ? Lighthound used to sell them but state they have no idea when they may get more from the manufacturer.

Scattergun

Enlightened
I second that thing about a E2C adapter!! Thats one thing I need!!! Preferably with thinner walls than the former models since they interfere with LED-modules for the SF C-series.

Action

Enlightened
That Nov. 1 deadline is getting very, very close. Do you have any pics of the truck? Are you going to need a vacation (or a weeks worth of sleep) following the truck delivery?

We're trying to be a patient as possible, but the Big Leef wait and the fact that the Hound has been out of almost all your tubes is just torture!

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also seems that there are many posts here for people looking for C-C bodies. Any more on the horizon?

DM51

Flashaholic
There have been numerous posts in his threads, WTBs in B/S/T, PMs, requests to Lighthound, etc etc. The clamour for more has been quite intense and I am sure it has not gone unheard!

I think it is simply that he has been busy with other projects.

Leef

Enlightened
ACTION and All, Thanx for the continued interest and my apologies for the paucity of Leef products. The Baja prerunner/chase truck leaves here in a day or so. I'll try to get photos before then, but if not, I can take them in Baja in a couple of weeks when I go down for the race.

It'll effectively be just after Xgiving before my life settles down, albeit only slightly then. In the meanwhile, I just placed an order for more Leef P1D bodies, and I'm waiting on the revised BigLeef parts from the plater.

On other fronts, Scott has the last 40-something Gotham bodies and should have the driver boards by now or in a day or so, so he'll be able to start assembling them soon. I'd expect them to be in the Doghouse (the Hound's shelves) before Dec.

I'll place orders for more Leefbodies in C-C (and C-M if needed) and maybe others as needed (e.g. C-E). If you have any requests other than the usual products, let the Hound know.

Thank you all again for your patience! :thumbsup:

supes

Enlightened
Good to hear your still alive, Leef! :D

I'm very interested in a 2X18650 body for M-head to C-tail. Please. Thanks

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll place orders for more Leefbodies in C-C (and C-M if needed) and maybe others as needed (e.g. C-E). If you have any requests other than the usual products, let the Hound know.

Thank you all again for your patience! :thumbsup:

The C-C and C-M 2 X 18650/18500 bodies are extemely popular, alot of people hope to see more of them at Lighthound.

Especially the 2 X 18500 C-C & C-M ones now that AW's button cells are out.

DM51

Flashaholic
I have probably said it before, but I would like to see 3x18500 size, C-C and C-M. You could use this size either with 3x18500 (obviously) or with 2x18650 + a half-cell sized dummy. It would be a versatile size.

Action

Enlightened
I'll second the call for 3X bodies. However, what I really, really, REALLY want is extenders in 123, 18500, & 18650 sizes. This way it does not matter if its C-M or C-C, they can be whatever length is needed.

So are what we are hearing is that length requests are to be made through the Hound only?

Leef

Enlightened
In Response... to those who've asked to see a photo of the PreRunner truck that's kept me away from CPF for so long...

The truck is in Baja, pre running the course as I write this. Race starts Tuesday -- a week from today!