E1l,E2l, Or L1 Cree help

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
I cant seem to make up my mind between these 3. I have had an older model of the E2l for several years but the L1 versions have have been tempting me. What do you guys think is the L1 a better light or should I get the Cree E2L? Or the E1l? Or the L1?:hairpull: If my wife wouldnt Shoot me I would get all .(ha ha ha):xyxgun: Any info Pros & Cons might help.

Carpenter

Enlightened
My 2 cents.

There are many things to consider when looking at this. Will this be your EDC? If you plan on EDC'ing this, is size on your belt or in your pocket a consideration? Depending how you are going to use this, is 100 lumens necessary?

I carry the E1L on my belt with the SF holster. For my needs I wouln't go any bigger because I need it for a lot of closeup work (one mode / 35 lumens) and I don't want anything bigger on my belt. My cell phone and ID badge already makes me lean to one side when I walk :)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
EDC..... E1L
General light with outstanding runtime...... E2L
Mode-tastic light thats a surefire..... L1
Really you can't go wrong with any of these, as long as you want primaries. For recharge options just buy a matching Aleph tube from the Shoppe. Enjoy the light, oh and buy them all!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If in doubt get all three...he heh only kidding.

Since you already have the lux E2L, might as well try out the L1 cree, just to taste the 2 stage, and much higher output from previous models.....

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the L1. Just a nice little one cell 2 level light with good run time. Very nice low, and extremely bright high. The perfect KISS EDC IMHO.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Any of the three are a good choice.

Of course, I'm slightly biased towards my new (Cree) L1. :grin2:

INFI

Newly Enlightened
L1 and you will love it. 10 lumens or 85+ mine is making me get rid of my L5. It is useless the new L1 is my EDC and backpacking light. If I need more, I will go for/take the M6 along.

ja10

Enlightened
Q: Do you think you will ever need two modes?
A: If yes, get the L1

Q: Is it important that the light is as small as possible?
A: If yes, get the E1L

Q: Do you want the most output with the longest runtime?
A: If yes, get the E2L

All three lights are great, and I think you just need to look at your criteria and uses, and the right light will pop out at you. If you are unsure, the L1 is a great compromise in that it has multiple modes, small size, and great output on one cell.

elt1

Newly Enlightened
another +1 for the L1.:thumbsup:
great in hand and the bright is just as bright as my 6PL and G2L without the blueish tint...
low/hi is nice as well although a lower low would be my preference.

planex

Newly Enlightened
+1 on going with the L1 now, and then as KeyGrip said, buy the KX2 head when it is released separately for your older E2L. :rock:

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I am leaning towards the L1. It will be for EDC to replace my E2L. Im just not sure if the low level will seem to dim after using the E2L for so long. I know the high level will be to high for alot of the stuff I use it for. How does the low mode of the L1 compare to the low mode of the Fenix L2T V2.0 Rebel?

Last edited: