can anyone find video of this classic early 80s video game?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Dragon's Lair for Coleco Adam .i played it years ago i miss it a lot i only recall one part the end when the dragon winks at ya i kinda want to see it aggain even beter play it aggain

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was unaware that game was even on Colecovision.
It was originally a coin-op arcade video game that used a laser disc to generate all of the scenery.
Let's see if I can go find it on the KLOV website...BBS...there, found it.
It was made by Cinematronics and came out in 1983.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah thats it was a cool game i wonder if there will be a download for the coleco vision version im sure its free by now.i recall so little of it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for the info gents.man i miss old games so much when they was more about fun and ya could figure em out a lot easier

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When it was in the arcades, I slayed the dragon (and subsequently rescued the princess) a number of times; it eventually became a matter of how fast I could do it, not *IF* I could do it.
So I could say with a fair degree of certainty that I mastered that game. :thumbsup:

Another laser-based game I enjoyed (along the same lines as Dragon's Lair) was called "Space Ace".

bitslammer

Enlightened
Wow! This is bringing back the memories of going to the arcade with the $10 of grass cutting money and getting the big cup of tokens. Where did all the arcades go? Sure you still have the Dave & Buster's and Jillians like places, but I miss the simple small local arcade. There used to be an Aladdin's Castle in every mall around. :shrug:

I suppose those times were due to the fact that there were no real rivals to the coin-op games at the time. Now I guess the PCs, handhelds, and consoles have pulled the rug out from under the arcade business model.
I count myself lucky to have seen the National Coin Op Museum : http://www.coinop.org/features/coinopmuseum/

Too bad it's gone. :(

raggie33

*the raggedier*
still recall the first time i heard a game talk i was scared

raggie33

*the raggedier*
gallaxa was my fav i liked all the games in that era thoughi had a atari but i got mine way after every one else got one i played that thing like 24 in a roll that night man i recall thinking this thing has great graphics lol

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have been through at least several Atari 2600 VCS consoles over the years; the only games I really played on it with any regularity were Pong, Tanks, Breakout, and Pitfall.
O, and that one with the biplanes. :)