What is the best LED thrower?

Dr.K

Enlightened
Just wondering. I was sitting here and realized I don't have a really great LED thrower, and I might have to get one.

I only want throw, Pure, white, laser like, throw.

I would like only the best options commercially available.

Preferably on the smaller size, C batteries max size. 123's prefered.

Thanks, now, Let me have it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Most will say Tiablo. Some will say MRV. Some others perfer smaller size so D-Mini. There are other choices that I don't remember because I try to block out ridiculously priced super-brights. I don't have a great thrower either so I don't know for sure myself, best of luck.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A9 definitely got throw. Runs best on 123's. However, you can use 1 18650 li-ion cell just won't have a regulated runtime. I love my A9. Hope this helps?:twothumbs

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Tiablo A9S Q5. Absolutely amazing throw(I lit up the restrooms from across 3 soccer fields at about 800 feet :eek:). It looks like a pillar of pure white power reaching in to the night sky. Get it at www.BatteryJunction.com

image1wf7.jpg

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could always try the new rayovac 3c cree or lowe's task force 2c cree(60x brighter on box) if you have a meijer(sp?) or lowe's around. if it's not up to par then just return.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aspheric Mag (Ledean's) is currently the longest throwing LED available. The Tiablo is 2nd. See the "Got Throw" link in my sig line for beamshots, of the Aspheric Mag @ 2000 feet. ;)

Last edited:

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's not commercial.:p

Not yet. ;)

Actually I missed that in the OP's post. But, if you want serious throw, you're not going to get it in any commercial LED light. The Tiablo is 2nd, but doesn't compare to the ASP Mag, as you can see in my beamshots.

does the leadean use a q5?

Again, not yet. The light in my photos has a P4. Could you imagine a Q5 behind that thing? I believe he mentioned coming out a Q5 version in the future. You might want to ask him in his thread though.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet. ;)

Actually I missed that in the OP's post. But, if you want serious throw, you're not going to get it in any commercial LED light. The Tiablo is 2nd, but doesn't compare to the ASP Mag, as you can see in my beamshots.

Again, not yet. The light in my photos has a P4. Could you imagine a Q5 behind that thing? I believe he mentioned coming out a Q5 version in the future. You might want to ask him in his thread though.

he should probably just wait for r bins. just around the corner

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Tiablo A9 Q5
2. Tiablo A8 Q5
3. Lumapower MRV Q5
4. Dereelight DBS Q4 module

Looks pretty good. :) I hve a DBS on the way, hoping Dereelight comes out with a high power Q5 WC pill for an easy upgrade, or R-bin sometime next year.

Can't wait for someone to do a review of the DBS to see where it stands with the other throwers. I would expect it to be in 4th place, but we'll see, and if it's 4th, it will be interesting to see how far behind it is from the others.