glass lens scratches

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i had a bunch of scratches on my RR aspherical because of trying to remove glow in the dark paint(particles), refer to this..
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/175839

anyway, i remember reading about a tip online that someone suggested on how to take scratches off an automobile windshield. the person recommended polishing with a product called "bon ami" which is basically a household cleaner for sink, tubs, cookware. it's a fine white powder in a cardboard cylinder like "comet."

it's worked pretty well taking alot of the fine scratches out. i basically used a wet sponge with the product and water. it got soapy and i just swirl it on the glass gently.

hmm, better say, your outcome may be different so probably should test it out in an inconspicuous location or be desperate like me and didn't care :nana:

i guess the purpose of this thread is that it's something to try for a damaged glass lens and bon ami can be found in grocery stores for a couple dollars.

also maybe somebody else has some recommendations themselves? tips or tricks?:poke:

Patriot

Flashaholic
ah..cool. Thank you for the tip about bon ami. Years ago I used to use toothpaste for such purposes and then I found that Flitz metal polish worked even better for glass or clear plastic surfaces.