Infinity Ultra G-review

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a long meeting and a late dinner, I took my package of newly arrived ultra Gs to the kitchen table to play with.

Initial impressions: Just as well constructed as my other infinities. The head unit seemed a bit tight at first and seemed to have a little "junk" in the threads after twisting a number of times. Looks to be some leftover manufacturing crud; easily fixed.

Performance: With a new AA in the body it's off to the garage. Compared to the original white infinity, this is one huge improvement. Wide, dispersed beam that is good for what it was intended for. Tactical illuminator... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The actual output light output and color is (to this nuB) very similar to that of a fresh Photon III, the Infinity seeming to have a more "violet" tinge. Both seemed to provide similar levels while producing different beam patterns. The photon's beam seemed more concentrated,and even narrow (in comparison only)where the infinity produced a good wide center with generous side spill and little artifact, seeming nearly twice as large across when shown on a wall approx 5 feet away.

Overall, the ultra is still bullet-proof, and the light output has increased making it a great camping light, bedside companion or searching-under-the-couch-for-lost-slipper light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Many people feel that it could be improved. Yes, making it brighter with good throw would be nice, but that is not what it was designed to do. As much as I would like to have a superpowered ultra, the current model is just fine.

One for me, one for my wife and one just for fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
I agree they are great I have one on my keychain and one on my wifes with Lithium batteries. for an emergency egress situation where lights are non-existant this little led flashlight is all you need to figure out where the exit is. It is does not bother me at all having it in the keychain I never notice it it during my every day affairs.

Latest posts