Fenix Design Suggestion

Phaetos

Enlightened
I had read in a few threads that Fenix people actually read what users here on CPF had to say about the products and followed those ideas. If that is true, I have an idea. On the P1 and P2 models, where you have to turn the bezel to switch between normal and turbo modes, why not checker or knurl the head for grip? The light is small enough that you can put the head between thumb and forefinger and twist, if there was enough grip.

Has this been mentioned here before or what say you fellow CPF'ers?

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Also, how about making them so they don't roll off a table so easily, and maybe a less slick coating. Just a few thoughts.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never understood why the P1D-CE has the beautiful diamond knurling on the head, but this is absent in the P2D an P3D.

In fact, I reckon it would make the P2 and P3 far better looking to do so, as well as more practical.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Absolutely. Great minds think alike, eh? Except when they work for the manufacturer :D

greenLED

Flashaholic
One more vote for some sort of elegant knurling on the bodies. I love the elegant lines of the Lxx, but I have to admit they can be a little slick to hold onto.

Here's another random idea: lightly crenulated bezels. No, I haven't gone tacticool :green: on any of you guys, and I don't want anything looking like an e2d or a TID add-on. Just simple, subtle curves on the bezel, maybe?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a crazy idea

L0D CE Q5 (Cree bin Q5)
L0D RB100 (Rebel bin RB100)

L1T / L2T Q5 or RB100

Stronger HA-III natural coating

Gold plated, brass positive contact

Just a few thoughts...

Enlightened
While you're at it, design the head and body in such a way as to not only provide a better grip but also to provide additional surface area for cooling the LED. This would be especially helpful when running in turbo mode. If it was designed correctly, it could even further aid the cooling by using a sort of chimney effect when standing upright.

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Hi and Lo should be the only options and we need a good AA edc light that is as small as possible.

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
Hi and Lo should be the only options and we need a good AA edc light that is as small as possible.
thats why they have brought out the -T series that do just that for those who dont want the extra functions (i still need the extra functions).

as for the knurling, I think Fenix are a step ahead. My L2D CE had a smooth head where as my L2D rebel has a knurled.

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
Bring back the Civictor with a better LED in it.
:poke:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
The non knurled feature of the P2D is one big reason why I dont want to EDC this light anymore. Its to slippery to be comfortable to use!

I was out late last night with my GF to feed some ducks, she said she wanted to borrow a light from me, I lend her my P2D. The first thing she says when holding it was "why is it so slippery? wouldnt it be better if it was knurled??"

So please Fenix, read here and make some changes to your design on the lights! They really are nice light! They just dont make it all the way..

scottaw

Enlightened
Personally i like the P2D as is, i use it for edc and the lack of knurling is much easier on the other things in my pockets. My L1 beats everything else up. I find the shaped middle section plenty.

Now for the twisty lights, P1, etc, definately give us some knurling. Maybe just a bit like the Ultra-G.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
A short fat 4AA (side by side) light with aggressive knurling, deep LOP reflector, 2-stages (low and maximum by twisting the head), forward clicky and a warm-tinted Rebel 100 emitter driven at 1A on high.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Some really good suggestions. I just hope that someone from Fenix is seeing this.