Gearbest        

Thread: Good Night Walking Light?

Default Good Night Walking Light?

I sometimes take my 3 legged dogs for a walk at night, and check the cattle. What would be a good light to use? Would a recharable be better? Just got a SF L1Cree, but have not got a chance to use it.

Default Re: Good Night Walking Light?

You're L1 cree should work just fine...
    There used to be a sig line here!!

Flashaholic*

I'd highly recommend a headlamp. It's nice having a hands free light.

The Rayovac Sportsman Extreme is a good 1AA headlamp and only $19 at Wal-Mart.

Another really floody headlamp is the new Zebralight H50. Also runs on 1AA battery.
    Fenix L1P, L2D CE, L0P SE, Zebralight Q5 CREE headlamp, Huntlight ft02x, Tikka XP, PT Aurora & Eclipse 2, SL ProPoly 4aa Lux and Twintask 1L, Inova X1, Dorcy 1aaa, MagLED 2AA, Nuwai HLX-712L, Akoray K-106 AA, Rayovac 1AA headlamp.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Old Farmer View Post
    I sometimes take my 3 legged dogs for a walk at night, and check the cattle. What would be a good light to use? Would a recharable be better? Just got a SF L1Cree, but have not got a chance to use it.
    Okay, so I'll ask.. One 3 legged dog I can understand, and in fact you can hardly tell they're missing a leg in action.

3 legged dogs? How many do you have?
    4Sevens Quark 123 R2, Fenix Tk10, NiteCore Defender Q5, Fenix P2D CE (P4) Natural, Fenix L0D Q4 (Copper??), Surefire E1e with McLux head and Luxeon 3, Black 4D Mag with TerraLux SSC Drop-in, Deep Purple Mag AA with TerraLux 1W UV Cree, Arc AAA

Just one dog, but he just has 3 legs. He ran a rabbit into the disk mower. A women gave him to me, and then he ended up costing $600 in vet bills. Good dog, good friend!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Old Farmer View Post
    Just one dog, but he just has 3 legs. He ran a rabbit into the disk mower. A women gave him to me, and then he ended up costing $600 in vet bills. Good dog, good friend!
    Glad he made it through okay... Friend of mine has a three legged dog which I didn't even realize until I saw him stand up a little odd. He had to lean over a bit then hopped. Then I noticed one of his rear legs was missing.

Friend was not amused when I called him "tripod".
    4Sevens Quark 123 R2, Fenix Tk10, NiteCore Defender Q5, Fenix P2D CE (P4) Natural, Fenix L0D Q4 (Copper??), Surefire E1e with McLux head and Luxeon 3, Black 4D Mag with TerraLux SSC Drop-in, Deep Purple Mag AA with TerraLux 1W UV Cree, Arc AAA

Since your dog has 3 legs, I'd go with a rechargeable incan.

I would have recommended LED if your dog had 4 legs, but for 3, incan is the way to go.

Your L1 Cree will be perfect for general use. Just get a lanyard so that you effectively have 'hands-free' should you need it.

If things got foggy, or you needed a bit more colour rendition, a 50-120 lumen Surefire Incandescent would be a good choice.

Sec..Thir..Secanted?

The L1 Cree works great for me when I'm walking my dog (4 Legs). It's great outdoors because of the throw.

The SureFire L1 (non Cree) is a HORRIBLE night walking light as its beam is so focused.

EDIT: I see you have the Cree version, so you probably have nothing to worry about.